Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-21-2006, 08:10 AM   #1
The GreatGonzo
Old Yeller
The GreatGonzo is on a distinguished road

Device: Iliad & Kindle - The Best of Both Worlds
US Shipping - Tell the world about it here!

Well, emails are going out and it seems that US shipping will start on Monday.
What do you say, folks, shall we have ourselves a nice little "who gets it first?" race like the gentlemen over in Ye Olde Europe did?

You know, checking the UPS tracking number every five minutes, updating the rest of the world instantly about where your Iliad currently is etc.

I mean, I'm gonna do that anyway (my poor family! my poor co-workers!), but I don't necessarily want to do it all by myself... who's with me?

BTW, I'm in Ohio, so I would assume that anybody living east of me already has an unfair advantage of some sort...
The GreatGonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 08:57 AM   #2
pitcher23
Zealot
pitcher23 began at the beginning.

NY here and my mail says: Shipping started Your order will be shipped on July 24th.
pitcher23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2006, 08:57 AM   #3
ali
Addict
ali doesn't litterali doesn't litter

Device: Iliad, dude!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GreatGonzo
What do you say, folks, shall we have ourselves a nice little "who gets it first?" race like the gentlemen over in Ye Olde Europe did?
Do it, guys! (&gals). It's fun! It will keep you awake all night! It will make you fall in love with UPS delivery guys! Fun for the whole family!
ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 11:29 AM   #4
High 5
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
High 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enough

Device: Rocket ebook,Cybook, Hiebook, Iliad
The adrenalin rush, excitement, thrills, the nerve wrecking tension!!

[start dark voice-over] In a world where everything went mad, they kept it all together.
[medium shot UPS guy, chased by a mob] All they wanted... [close-up flashshot Iliad wrapping] All they needed... [panning out, halfdressed ragged looking lady triumphantly holding the Iliad box high over head] The ultimate... [medium shot, man, eyes going wide open] The only... [close up, same man shouting "Mine, its mine I tells ya!!"] Iliad...coming soon in a house nearby.. [end dark voice-over] Close-up shot of Iliad panning out to medium [music, "also sprach Zaratustra]

Yep...its fun!
High 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 12:24 PM   #5
oliverbogler
Connoisseur
oliverbogler has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iLiad
Well - I am slightly peeved. Apparently because I ordered 'too soon' (#500, July 3rd) by a few hours, my order was skipped for shipping (still: paid not shipped) and it is now past business hours in Europe.

The reason given was that my address was wrong because at the time that I oredered the shop was not set up for outside Europe yet. I was of course aware of this problem when I ordered, notified iRex and it is noted as being resolved in my account. Anyways.

So chances are mine will miss the Monday shipment and now I know what the bleeding edge is really like...

Last edited by oliverbogler; 07-21-2006 at 12:27 PM.
oliverbogler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2006, 01:18 PM   #6
jamesarm97
jamesarm97 began at the beginning.

Device: SPC-6700, iRex#1000
Order #1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliverbogler
Well - I am slightly peeved. Apparently because I ordered 'too soon' (#500, July 3rd) by a few hours, my order was skipped for shipping (still: paid not shipped) and it is now past business hours in Europe.
Man, I just ordered (SC, USA) and I am now order #1000. I guess I will be waiting awhile.

- James
jamesarm97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 01:22 PM   #7
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
I was number 734 on Tuesday so it looks like they're seeing a steady stream of orders. Still not big numbers and not enough to make a viable business, but not too bad for this point in time when they are not setup for retail.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 06:36 PM   #8
Jdiz
Jdiz began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad en route
Talking On the way!

Down here in the ATL, got a msg this morning saying it would go out the 24th, then got an email a couple hrs later saying it had been shipped!

Got my UPS number and it is due for delivery on the 26th!!!

I'm order #606

Psyched!!!

Jdiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 07:19 PM   #9
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Jdiz,

Where in the ATL are you located. I'm up in the Marietta area.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 11:57 PM   #10
Jdiz
Jdiz began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad en route
Small world... I live in Brookhaven, just north of Lenox/Phipps.
Jdiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 02:51 PM   #11
VillageReader
Evangelist
VillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with others

Device: Iliad
I got a call today from UPS asking what the product was. They were working on preclearing US customs.
VillageReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 07:24 PM   #12
The GreatGonzo
Old Yeller

Well, that's a nice surprise - I guess after all the recent delays Irex wanted to do the opposite thing for a change and ship first and then announce a shipping date... I'm all jazzed up - my Iliad is in Louisville already, about an hour and a half or so from where I am...

Guess I'll wait on my doorstep for the UPS guy Monday morning ...

VERY nice surprise!
Old 07-22-2006, 11:20 PM   #13
VillageReader
Evangelist
VillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with others

Device: Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GreatGonzo
Well, that's a nice surprise - I guess after all the recent delays Irex wanted to do the opposite thing for a change and ship first and then announce a shipping date... I'm all jazzed up - my Iliad is in Louisville already, about an hour and a half or so from where I am...

Guess I'll wait on my doorstep for the UPS guy Monday morning ...

VERY nice surprise!
Don't hold your breath. They call from Louisville because customs wants info to know what duty to charge. Getting the information before the product arrives just expedites the process. The shipment probably hasn't been made yet (mine hasn't, still shows shipping Monday).
VillageReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 02:41 AM   #14
jsc
jsc began at the beginning.

Mine now in Philly

UPS shows an import scan in Philadelphia as of 4:39pm on Saturday.
jsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 08:01 AM   #15
The GreatGonzo
Old Yeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageReader
Don't hold your breath. They call from Louisville because customs wants info to know what duty to charge. Getting the information before the product arrives just expedites the process. The shipment probably hasn't been made yet (mine hasn't, still shows shipping Monday).
Confused now.

So this

>>REGISTERED WITH CLEARING AGENCY;
>>SHIPMENT SUBMITTED TO CLEARING AGENCY

from 5pm yesterday doesn't mean the package is in Kentucky?
And BTW, nobody called me....