Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-18-2009, 11:59 PM   #1
artemisblossom
Groupie
artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony prs505
Books Not Transferring to Reader

I just purchased a book tonight and it will not download to the reader. I bought it at the sony store and it showed up in the purchased file but when ever I try to drag it to the reader a message comes up saying it has stopped working and I will be notified if therI is a solution. After about 6 tries i got it loaded onto the memory card. There are only about 40 books on the reader itself so it can't be full. It is the PRS 505. This is the first time I tried to download a book since the upgrade. Has anyone else experienced this? How do I fix it?
artemisblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:41 AM   #2
artemisblossom
Groupie
artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony prs505
I am just going to delete the upgrade and reinstall the older version. I couldn't figure out how to delete my origional post sorry
artemisblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2009, 10:58 AM   #3
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Hi artemisblossom. A lot of MR members are experiencing the same problem with eBook Library V3.0 and are reverting back to V2.5.

If you need a copy of eBook Library V2.5 you can find it here.

I was having no problems until last night, when suddenly eBook Library crashed every time I tried to transfer an eBook to either my PRS-505 or PRS-700 so I am temporarily using Windows Explorer to transfer eBooks until I find out what the problem is. I may revert back to v2.5 myself.

Wetdogeared (WDE)
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:59 PM   #4
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
I just ran into the same issue myself - but with a couple of caveats: I had no problem copying to the Memory card - just to the Reader itself. Also, when I disconnected the Reader, I discovered the books had been copied to the Reader as well as to the card - but only the ones on the card had been pre-paginated.

It was as if I had copied them with Calibre rather than the Ebook Library.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote