Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 08-05-2008, 08:28 PM   #1
lmarie
Dilettante
lmarie doesn't litterlmarie doesn't litter

Device: EB1150, Cybook Gen3, Kobo Touch
Need help, don't understand

There is a book at Fictionwise I bought for my EB1150 that I would like to redownload for my Cybook (I never finished reading it). Is this possible? I've read that whole dang site, but can't figure out if something that in my bookshelf is labeled "Secure OEBFF" can be redownloaded somehow as a Mobipocket .prc.

Any help appreciated!
lmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:41 PM   #2
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
In my experience, it is only possible if the first one you downloaded was in what they call their "multiformat". These you can download in any of the available formats. Otherwise, I think you're stuck with the original format but I would check with them.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2008, 08:51 PM   #3
lmarie
Dilettante
lmarie doesn't litterlmarie doesn't litter

Device: EB1150, Cybook Gen3, Kobo Touch
Thanks, Slayda, that's sort of what I figured out by reading everything there. Sigh. Even though they state that most of their stuff is "multiformat", it turns out everything I bought there is in that Secure OEBFF format. Sheesh! Oh, well, I'll just finish reading it on the EB1150 then.
lmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:40 PM   #4
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmarie View Post
Thanks, Slayda, that's sort of what I figured out by reading everything there. Sigh. Even though they state that most of their stuff is "multiformat", it turns out everything I bought there is in that Secure OEBFF format. Sheesh! Oh, well, I'll just finish reading it on the EB1150 then.
Try instead logging into the http://www.fictionwise.com/ site using your ebookwise.com username and password.

Then look to see if that (or any other) ebook is offered with the 'download ebook' option. If it is, that's a multi-format ebook. This is not available for the 'Secure OEBFF format' as you have already noticed.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote