Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 03-20-2015, 08:05 PM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Spacing won't change?

Kind of an odd issue here. I just bought a book last night that, on the Kindle Fire, I can't change the line spacing (and its default font is too tight, which makes it hard to read). So, I assumed, it was an issue with the book and experimented with the fonts (different fonts have wider spacing).

Then I checked the same book on my Kindle Touch and Kindle Basic (NT4-black). Both could change line spacing without issue. Then I checked it on my Droid X2 (using Android Kindle v 3.0.2.71) and it displays fine -- like it always does, without any options to change font or spacing. (I won't upgrade Kindle on this phone because the display is so good just the way it is that I'm afraid a newer version of Kindle for Android would just mess it up. I live with the philosophy that, "if it works, don't fix it.")

So the only device that has an issue with this particular book is the Fire. I'm curious as to why. Not a huge deal, just wondering.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 04:27 AM   #2
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I've had the same thing, it was on a sample. I checked it on my Voyage and the spacing was fine. I'll read that one on holiday anyway so it'll be on the Voyage, but yes it was strange. It was on the HDX7
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2015, 11:16 AM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I've had the same thing, it was on a sample. I checked it on my Voyage and the spacing was fine. I'll read that one on holiday anyway so it'll be on the Voyage, but yes it was strange. It was on the HDX7
Well, I'm glad to know I'm not crazy. Must be an odd quirk (bug) in the Fire version of the Kindle software that affects almost no one. I wonder if I should report it? -- to whom?
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote