Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-28-2011, 02:41 PM   #1
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Recipe App for Kindle Fire

My wife asked me to find her a recipe app. She would like to enter her paper recipes for access from the kindle. Any recommendations? Free is preferred.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:47 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizwor View Post
My wife asked me to find her a recipe app. She would like to enter her paper recipes for access from the kindle. Any recommendations? Free is preferred.
There are several out there but I went looking for one months ago for my phone but wound up using Google Docs I can access them using Quick Office or via browser on the Fire.

I am just too lazy to have to input each ingredient into a database on a app. So Google Docs works for me.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2011, 05:44 PM   #3
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook, iPhone
I really think something like Evernote would work best. http://www.amazon.com/Evernote-Corp/dp/B004LOMB2Q/
foreverjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:33 PM   #4
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I've got one of the office suite programs on the Fire and the phone that just has a specific word doc for different categories of recipes. Works fine enough for me. And I can just update it in dropbox when something new comes along.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:58 PM   #5
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
which one?
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2011, 02:15 PM   #6
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OfficeSuite Pro. It was a freebie on Amazon's free-app-of-the-day deal some time last month (I think).
Old 12-29-2011, 02:50 PM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingLemur View Post
OfficeSuite Pro. It was a freebie on Amazon's free-app-of-the-day deal some time last month (I think).
I have it but not seeing anything for Recipes. Where do I look?
Old 12-29-2011, 03:15 PM   #8
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur

In my first post, I worded that poorly. I didn't mean to say that the program has a recipe document... I meant that *I* have created some word docs (one for dessert, one for meal stuff) that are stored in Dropbox that I can access on both the phone and the lappy. And update them on either if/when necessary.

Sorry about the confusion.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:26 PM   #9
jefito
jefito began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
If you're using Evernote, you might be interested in the large-ish shared cookbook (1000+ recipes)that's been publicly shared by an Evernote user: "A Moveable Feast". The link on the Evernote forums is here; a link to the notebook is here.

I'd suggest checking it out on a desktop client (Mac or Windows), or on the Web before adding it into your Evernote on the Fire; it's a little large, and will take a while to sync down. A good long while, in fact...
jefito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:42 PM   #10
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingLemur View Post
In my first post, I worded that poorly. I didn't mean to say that the program has a recipe document... I meant that *I* have created some word docs (one for dessert, one for meal stuff) that are stored in Dropbox that I can access on both the phone and the lappy. And update them on either if/when necessary.

Sorry about the confusion.
Ah Okay that's what I've done sorta with Google Docs. Google Docs has Collections like a Kindle so I made Recipes Collections then add the recipe which is a doc to the appropriate Collection. It works very well for me. Quick Office let's you add your Google Doc account too so I can access it on my PC, Phone, Fire....etc.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:58 PM   #11
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Here is the specific All Recipe App for the Fire:

http://www.amazon.com/Allrecipes-com...5217453&sr=1-1
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote