Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-26-2010, 11:19 AM   #1
kurokaze
kurokaze began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone/Stanza
PDF output - page size/orientation problems

My ebook-reading device is an extremely basic PDF reader, and as such I have been using specific conversion settings in Calibre to convert all my ebooks into something more friendly to read, so that an entire page of the PDF can be shown at once with readable text. This has worked for the last few months, but with PDFs converted with 0.7.20 I have to scroll down the page again.

The relevant conversion settings are:
- "Default Output Profile" selected (I'm not really sure what this affects, if anything)
- Margins: left 36.0pt, top 5.0pt, right 200.0pt, bottom 200.0pt
- PDF Output -> Paper Size: c5e
- PDF Output -> Orientation: landscape

Since 0.7.20, this has produced a portrait PDF with 8.26"x11.69" pages, rather than a landscape PDF with 9.01"x6.42" pages.

So my questions are:
1) Is there a way I can get this to work, or is the 'PDF output' options page just not working this version?
2) Is there a better way to do this in the first place -- possibly on this version, possibly on .19 or .21 -- so that I can set the page size to something I arbitrarily choose rather than some real-life paper size, and so that I can avoid the kludgy large margin workaround? (6.67"x3.78" is the ideal page size, but I haven't found anything that can easily convert several hundred books to it.)
kurokaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 06:08 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurokaze View Post
So my questions are:
1) Is there a way I can get this to work, or is the 'PDF output' options page just not working this version?
2) Is there a better way to do this in the first place -- possibly on this version, possibly on .19 or .21 -- so that I can set the page size to something I arbitrarily choose rather than some real-life paper size, and so that I can avoid the kludgy large margin workaround? (6.67"x3.78" is the ideal page size, but I haven't found anything that can easily convert several hundred books to it.)
I didn't even realize these settings existed. ldolse has been tweaking the pdf input maybe something, shared, splashed into the pdf output arena.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert