Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-15-2013, 05:00 AM   #31
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by chexmix View Post
OK. Tried that and no response. At least not with the thing unplugged from any power source.

I'm stumped, folks. Based on Booxtor's last post, I seem already to have pressed button combinations I should not have. This makes me nervous to try anything else.

I emailed ereader-store.de to ask whether I could ship the unit in for service.
Hi,
you got a message from store.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:16 AM   #32
chexmix
Zealot
chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014), Onyx Boox M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi,
you got a message from store.
Thanks, Booxtor.

I had hoped to mail the box this morning, but as it turns out I am broke, so will have to wait until Tuesday (Monday is a holiday here in the US).

/G
chexmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:57 PM   #33
Wish
Wish began at the beginning.

Device: M92
Sorry to hear that.
Wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:56 PM   #34
chexmix
Zealot
chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wish View Post
Sorry to hear that.
Thanks. It's my own fault. I have some outstanding vet bills (one of my cats was very sick and died) and I think I just tried to pay them off a little too 'aggressively' for my wallet!
Old 02-19-2013, 07:12 PM   #35
chexmix
Zealot

Well, I've hit a mailing snag. Apparently it is now illegal (well, has been off and on for a while) to ship Li-Ion batteries -- at least via US Mail. So I have to either send the thing in w/o the battery, or go some prohibitively expensive route. Not sure what the best approach is ...
Old 02-20-2013, 07:46 AM   #36
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by chexmix View Post
Well, I've hit a mailing snag. Apparently it is now illegal (well, has been off and on for a while) to ship Li-Ion batteries -- at least via US Mail. So I have to either send the thing in w/o the battery, or go some prohibitively expensive route. Not sure what the best approach is ...
Just remove the battery carefully:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=178058

And I think this is a wrong decision of USPS to not accept sendings with LiIon batteries inside - there are lots of transfers of such devices nowadays so they will lose many senders, who just will go to competitors.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:13 AM   #37
chexmix
Zealot

Quote:
Just remove the battery carefully:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=178058

And I think this is a wrong decision of USPS to not accept sendings with LiIon batteries inside - there are lots of transfers of such devices nowadays so they will lose many senders, who just will go to competitors.
Yes. Believe me, I thought about lying -- but despite the fact that I used to be an actor, I've never lied terribly well.

Apparently the whole thing is because (they say) these batteries can explode aboard planes. I don't know.

But as you say, there is SO MUCH shipping of electronic devices, I'm not sure how this can ever be enforced.

I've repacked the box this morning and will be off to the post office soon.

/G
Old 03-01-2013, 11:43 PM   #38
Fireflower
Fireflower began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Hi,

don't panic
first of all please disconnect all the cables from M92.
Press reset
Try to power on the device and watch the LED. Does it blink three times blue - your battery is completely discharged and need to be charged. Try to charge it on your PC instead of wall charger - it could be defective.
If you have a replacement battery - just try to substitute the old one. If you open your device carefully it does not affect your warranty. Just avoid to not touch the PCB.

Does the blue led light for 5-10 second and the screen keep display frozen picture - your M92 must be send to service. It has most likely a problem with the screen. If the screen is not broken it is a warranty case and could be repaired fast.
Hello folks and Booxter,

I am a new m92 user and still consider myself learning how to use it. I just ordered and received mine after Christmas, and did not update any firmware. Still a very new user! But just this week, it first hung on the main screen. I managed to resolve that with the reset (learnt from the help given to others in earlier sections). Then, two days ago, when I switch it on, the screen doesn't even come on -- only the blue led which stays on for about 10 seconds. Is there something going on here that is similar to what Booxter describes above? But the screen doesn't display anything at all.

Does anyone know what I could do?

Really missing my M92 -- have started my study and was hoping to use it full on.

Thanks folks.

Fireflower
Fireflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:21 AM   #39
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
About the charge of the M92 ? Full ? With the power adapter ?
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:03 PM   #40
chexmix
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireflower View Post
Really missing my M92 -- have started my study and was hoping to use it full on.
I'm with you there. I just started my second online astronomy class. These classes were the main reason I got the M92.

With any luck my unit will reach the shop before too long, though I've been warned that shipping in that direction can take a lot of time.

Best of luck to you.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:32 AM   #41
Fireflower

Hello all -- thanks for your thoughts. The nice folks at ereader asked me to mail it to Germany (thanks Booxter!).

Chexmix, the post office said it will take likely 2-3 weeks or longer, to get to Germany (sigh). And it cost so much!

Hopefully things will work out.

Fireflower
Old 03-08-2013, 10:33 AM   #42
Fireflower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
About the charge of the M92 ? Full ? With the power adapter ?
Randy -- yes -- full. Charged multiple times as well just to be sure.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:01 AM   #43
GGMerlin
GGMerlin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch
Well Chemix, I will not tell you "I told you so", just to say that I bought a second hand kindle DX cheaply (no wifi nothing, first gen.) and it's good enough to read PDF. Cannot do much more, but that's good enough for me.

Also I wonder whether you should not have backed up your firmware before any update. These things are just antiquated computers afetr all and what works for one should work for the other.
GGMerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:05 AM   #44
chexmix
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGMerlin View Post
Well Chemix, I will not tell you "I told you so", just to say that I bought a second hand kindle DX cheaply (no wifi nothing, first gen.) and it's good enough to read PDF. Cannot do much more, but that's good enough for me.

Also I wonder whether you should not have backed up your firmware before any update. These things are just antiquated computers afetr all and what works for one should work for the other.
Yes, hard to say. I've been getting by with my laptop and netbook and cheapo tablet.

This would all be a lot easier if we could clone Booxtor and have the clones open Boox shops in countries across the world. Or if international mail wasn't so ... well, sorry to say it, but crappy.

(Note: by "international mail" I certainly do not mean to impugn the mail system of any particular country. I am referring to the act of mailing between two countries).

Last edited by chexmix; 03-10-2013 at 10:59 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 03-10-2013, 03:35 PM   #45
GGMerlin
GGMerlin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch
I find these 9,7" readers absolutely fabulous (I cannot understand the use of LCD tablets). But, these things are very expensive, because there are not a good business proposition. That's unfortunate, and it is the first time ever that I bought second hand. I just hope the next gen. will be better and cheaper and will not depend of a one man band.
GGMerlin is offline   Reply With Quote