Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-26-2011, 04:20 PM   #91
jabberwock_11
Addict
jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Aluratek Libre Pro
I just downloaded and tried this program for the first time. When I plug in my Kindle 3 and turn on the program the books show up and seem to be able to be moved into my existing collections, however, after applying the changes, ejecting the Kindle, and restarting it there seem to be no changes. None of the books seem to show up in the collections to which they were moved and when I plug it back in and restart the program the books are not listed as being in the collections that I moved them to. Any suggestions?
jabberwock_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 07:41 AM   #92
rodomo
rodomo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
:/ this programm used to work on my windows7 64bit, I did uninstall kindelabra before 1 month, now I try to install it again, and kindelabra doenst work anymore, I dont know why, same system, same laptop, a little bit weird

I have tried to get python from python.org, and installed other components by myself, still not necessery...
rodomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2011, 05:22 PM   #93
noj2323
noj2323 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3
i just tried installing failed with an error similar to that seen by people earlier in the thread, re-installed, re-installed again, uninstalled the gtk runtime, installed gtk+ all with same problem

then i noticed that I had another program with some gtk dependency already installed [graphviz] i uninstalled that, cleaned up my path, and re-installed with the .bat, now it runs!

this on w7 64b
noj2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:03 PM   #94
MegaFrank
MegaFrank began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodomo View Post
:/ this programm used to work on my windows7 64bit, I did uninstall kindelabra before 1 month, now I try to install it again, and kindelabra doenst work anymore, I dont know why, same system, same laptop, a little bit weird

I have tried to get python from python.org, and installed other components by myself, still not necessery...
Try this one: KKCM (Kranf Kindle collection manager): this one will work on any windows version and the compatibility to future windows version is also guaranteed!
MegaFrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:04 PM   #95
MegaFrank
MegaFrank began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabberwock_11 View Post
...None of the books seem to show up in the collections to which they were moved ...Any suggestions?
Use KKCM (Kranf Kindle Collection Manager). This one really works! your books will really be assigned to your collections! See you!
MegaFrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2011, 08:47 PM   #96
pietro99
Connoisseur
pietro99 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3
Wasn't the KKCM the one the administrators removed saying it was spam?
pietro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:23 PM   #97
pdagenius
Enthusiast
pdagenius is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3g + wifi Firmware: 3.2.1
Have been experimenting with my new Kindle3 3g EU with v3.2.1 firmware on which I have the full version of Duokan, Jailbreak 3.2.1, Launchpad and Font hacks.

I am running Win7 x64 and can report that Kindleabra works fine for me and have successfully created, deleted Collections and moved books around between them. All changes look correct after a reboot.

I have also tried KKCM, but although the scripts run (apparently correctly) these programs did not organise my Collections correctly. Not sure what I haven't done.
pdagenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:12 PM   #98
janroos
janroos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle dx
Errors when starting Kindleabra

I use Kindelabra on my Kindle Dx.

When Kindelabra starts up it shows ( black window with all the dots ) errors;
"loading pictures asin 875 fdifff etc. belonges to collection - name - but was not found on the device.
And then more of the same lines.
Question; can this be the reason my battery is empty after a few days ?
Is there a way to fix those errors ? and get a better batterylife ?
I did uninstall some of those books, to no effect.

Thanks for the nice program.
janroos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:33 PM   #99
gedece
gedece began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard Wi FI
I' using Kindelabra under Kubuntu Linux and it works really well with my Kindle Keyboard Wi-FI.

I have a suggestion, in the files tab, could you show the collections each file is in? This way it's easier to verify if something is or not inside big collections, like the 700+ to read I have from Project Gutemberg.

Another nice addition would be a toogle to change between all books and books with no collection.
gedece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:14 AM   #100
rowck001
rowck001 began at the beginning.

Device: android tablet
Kindleabra is complete crap for windows!! GTK+ errors after trying all versions and distros. A word of advice for the "CODER???" of this abomination. Professionals use modern compiled languages with no library hell!!. And of course we test them thorougly on all platforms. Go to school and get a degree in software engineering - and learn about process management. Releasing a shoddy "package" such as this which doesnt work and requires users to have to uninstall myriad pieces of crap from their systems just reinforces the view that freeware is worth just that - NOTHING!!
rowck001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:53 AM   #101
dilo_sec
dilo_sec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dilo_sec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dilo_sec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dilo_sec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dilo_sec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dilo_sec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dilo_sec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dilo_sec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dilo_sec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dilo_sec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dilo_sec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowck001 View Post
Kindleabra is complete crap for windows!! GTK+ errors after trying all versions and distros. A word of advice for the "CODER???" of this abomination. Professionals use modern compiled languages with no library hell!!. And of course we test them thorougly on all platforms. Go to school and get a degree in software engineering - and learn about process management. Releasing a shoddy "package" such as this which doesnt work and requires users to have to uninstall myriad pieces of crap from their systems just reinforces the view that freeware is worth just that - NOTHING!!
Not very nice things to say about someone's effort to be helpful to the (mostly) nice people who visit these pages, some (not all) having found Kindelabra useful. I myself tried Kindlelabra many moons ago and it did not work the way I wanted to manage my own ebooks. Wished I could write someting better! Wished you would write something better, and let us critique your efforts ...
dilo_sec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:24 PM   #102
Degru
Degru can extract oil from cheeseDegru can extract oil from cheeseDegru can extract oil from cheeseDegru can extract oil from cheeseDegru can extract oil from cheeseDegru can extract oil from cheeseDegru can extract oil from cheeseDegru can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 4 (reported as Lost or Stolen; unregistered)
Problem with latest ArchLinux

So I've been trying to get it to work. PyGTK and Python is installed (Had to use Python2 because Python3 gets a syntax error). The program opens, and when I select my Kindle from the list, it doesn't do anything. Just sits there. If I try to manually open the collections file, it succeeds, but obviously doesn't show any books. When I select the folder or try to refresh the file/book list, it shows:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Kindelabra.py", line 395, in refresh
    self.kindle.init_data()
AttributeError: KindleUI instance has no attribute 'kindle'
. Any ideas?

EDIT: So I tried it on my Ubuntu install, and it wouldn't work either. I then realized that I needed to actually go IN to the folder and then click OK. This fixed it for Ubuntu. I tried this same thing on Arch, and it gets stuck on "Loading files... Please wait". Terminal output is:

Code:
Loading documents.........................................Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./Kindelabra.py", line 108, in load
    self.refresh(widget)
  File "./Kindelabra.py", line 395, in refresh
    self.kindle.init_data()
  File "/home/dennis-arch/Programs/richardpeng-Kindelabra-1f78da6/kindle.py", line 125, in init_data
    self.load_folder(folder)
  File "/home/dennis-arch/Programs/richardpeng-Kindelabra-1f78da6/kindle.py", line 133, in load_folder
    for root, dirs, files in os.walk(os.path.join(self.root, path)):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/os.py", line 294, in walk
    for x in walk(new_path, topdown, onerror, followlinks):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/os.py", line 284, in walk
    if isdir(join(top, name)):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/genericpath.py", line 41, in isdir
    st = os.stat(s)
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xf1' in position 106: ordinal not in range(128)
q^CTraceback (most recent call last):
  File "./Kindelabra.py", line 416, in <module>
    KindleUI()
  File "./Kindelabra.py", line 79, in __init__
    gtk.main()
Could it be because it's Arch (which means it runs the latest everything)?

Last edited by Degru; 10-03-2013 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Update on situation
Degru is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections, kindle, manage