Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 09-26-2020, 08:24 PM   #16
Schnipps
Schnipps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schnipps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schnipps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schnipps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schnipps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schnipps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schnipps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schnipps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schnipps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schnipps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schnipps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S
I use Musicolet (free & ad free afaik). You can set it to autosave the last played position for each track, useful for listening to long podcasts or audiobooks. But it doesn't support DRM or network shares.
Schnipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 04:34 AM   #17
bartveld
Evangelist
bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KA1, Galaxy S8, Galaxy Tab A 10.1, ReMarkable
I can recommend Smart Audiobook Player, which is a dedicated player. It has plenty of useful features, like equalizer, variable playback speed, rewind after a long pause and lots of other things.
bartveld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 07:41 PM   #18
mkgtu
Zealot
mkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolate

Device: Currently:Voyage, Oasis 3, Kindle mobile apps, andKindle Fire
LISTEN AUDIOBOOK PLAYER
Much like Smart Audiobook Player, except that it is able to reflect the actual chapters in mp3 books acquired from Overdrive, which uses a proprietary audio tag system for chapters. Smart Audiobooks only shows “tracks”, each of which contains several chapters or parts of chapters. It cant decode the Overdrive audio tags for chapters.

This is important to me since I often bounce back and forth from the audiobook to the ebook. If I can’t identify the chapters, I’m lost!

SIRIN also handles the Overdrive chapter system correctly, but I don’t like the way it lists books in its “library”.

I could just listen in Overdrive, but I check out a lot of audiobooks in advance from libraries via Overdrive when they’re available and save them on my phone till later. I can then return them right away so someone else can use them. By the way, even after returning the audiobook right away to Overdrive, the actual files remain available on your phone for 21 days. So you still have three weeks to listen to the book or copy the files even after you’ve returned the book.

To do that on an android phone just copy the individual book’s folder from the internal storage “Android/Data/overdrive.mediaconsole/overdrive/files” to your own audiobooks folder. On a PC you can use the Overdrive app to download the mp3 files to “transfer to an MP3 player”.

Be sure you have Overdrive settings set up to save downloads to that internal storage folder, not to the external sd card or to “application storage”. Neither of those latter two are accessible with a file manager on Android 11. And the “application storage” is never accesssible by any 3rd party app or a file manager. The “internal memory” “Android/Data” folder is accessible with most recently updated file managers on Android 11 (eg Solid Explorer, Fx Explorer, Cx Explorer) On older Android systems, 10 and below, the Android/Data folder is accessible to any file manager. With Android 11 Google added restrictions on access to that folder in internal memory, and, inexplicably, completely blocked access to the comparable folder on an external sd card. The better file managers have passed muster with Google to gain permission for access to the internal Android/Data folder.
I use Solid Explorer, which I think is the best of the bunch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mkgtu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 08:56 AM   #19
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkgtu View Post
LISTEN AUDIOBOOK PLAYER
Much like Smart Audiobook Player, except that it is able to reflect the actual chapters in mp3 books acquired from Overdrive, which uses a proprietary audio tag system for chapters. Smart Audiobooks only shows “tracks”, each of which contains several chapters or parts of chapters. It cant decode the Overdrive audio tags for chapters.

This is important to me since I often bounce back and forth from the audiobook to the ebook. If I can’t identify the chapters, I’m lost!

Wow, this is perfect! I don't know why I didn't see your post about this app before. I really need chapters too! Thanks!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 09:07 PM   #20
shuvashish76
Enthusiast
shuvashish76 began at the beginning.

Device: none
https://www.kafkaarchives.com/

https://github.com/vipulyaara/Kafka

https://www.reddit.com/r/androidapps...in_the_public/
shuvashish76 is offline   Reply With Quote