Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-22-2016, 12:51 PM   #1
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Talking Free (nook/Kindle/Kobo/iTunes) The Dark Age [History-Altering Time Travel Fantasy]

The Ancient Future: The Dark Age by Australian author Traci Harding (ISFDB, Wikipedia) is the 1st novel in her The Ancient Future trilogy sub-series which is the beginning of her The Chosen Ones mega-series of alternate history-altering time travel fantasy, this one setting up the modern heroine's appearance in the ancient past, where she is mistaken for a fabled enemy witch by the local Welsh prince and winds up changing British history when she clashes with him, free for a limited time courtesy of publisher HarperCollins' Voyager imprint.

Currently free @ B&N (also Sainsbury), Amazon (available to Canadians & in the UK), Kobo & iTunes & Google Play & eBooks.com (all available to Canadians)

And this has been the selected 3rd (non-repeat… ish) free ebook thread of the day.

Because not only are sfnal freebies always welcome (and it's been a while since we've gotten a full-length HarperCollins one), I'm a total sucker for kidnapped-to-save-the-alternate-world-via-portal and/or time travel tales with bonus mistaken identity by the locals, as well as what-if alternate history scenarios, and this one looks to combine all three for a hat trick of interesting-looking Relevant To My Interests™, with a well-established series of further reading to continue with if I end up liking this one.

Enjoy!

Description
The extraordinary and bestselling journeys of one woman throughout time ...

The white light surrounded her, exuding from the ground within the circle. The mist rose towards the sky to form a billowing cloud. From within the largest stone a ball of blue light steadily made its way towards her. Late one evening, a car accident leaves Tory - daughter of a prominent history professor - stranded near a ring of stones in the English countryside. She resolves to spend the night at the sacred site; a black belt in Tae-kwon-do, Tory holds little fear for her safety. But across the vortex of time and space, she is being watched.

The Merlin knows of the legend Tory is to become, and through the wisdom of the Old Ones, teleports her back to the Dark Age. Prince Maelgwn of Gwynedd and his band of knights stumble across this mysterious woman dressd in jeans and leather jacket. Believing she is the witch of the stones, they threaten to kill her. Rising to her own defence, Tory challenges the Prince's champion to unarmed combat. With her superior fighting skill she easily overwhelms the warrior, winning the admiration of the Prince, and changing the course of British history forever.

Last edited by ATDrake; 09-22-2016 at 12:58 PM.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 01:00 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Part of the blurb says she is a "natural storyteller." WOW!

What would an "unnatural storyteller" be like, and would anyone ever advertise in that way???!!!!

Maybe I should "naturally download" it.

What do you think???

(I'd hate to misspell the word 'sucker'!)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 09-22-2016 at 01:03 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2016, 01:05 PM   #3
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
I think an unnatural storyteller would be one like this, which almost won a prize for it.

As for naturally downloading it, you might as well go ahead if you think you want it, since unnaturally downloading it seems like it could involve , which would get this discussion .
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 01:08 PM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Ok: I'm a little sucker, too!

I just downloaded it, but mainly because the cover reminds me of those Modesty Blaise books from yesteryear - well, sort of.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bd1cbea1484509ace500be02509b9760.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	172.1 KB
ID:	151837  

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 09-22-2016 at 01:33 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 05:25 PM   #5
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I remember about Robert Howard and he was described that way.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2016, 11:03 AM   #6
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Part of the blurb says she is a "natural storyteller." WOW!

What would an "unnatural storyteller" be like, and would anyone ever advertise in that way???!!!!

Maybe I should "naturally download" it.

What do you think???

(I'd hate to misspell the word 'sucker'!)

I've gone on record saying how much I like Kindle Unlimited, however I HAVE encountered books there that made me wonder just what sort of person actually wrote them
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 04:34 AM   #7
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
I've gone on record saying how much I like Kindle Unlimited, however I HAVE encountered books there that made me wonder just what sort of person actually wrote them

One of the reasons I've not bothered with KU... The amount of rubbish they put out in the Daily Deal is enough without adding to it. Even at my reading speed (2-3 hrs for a well written, properly edited mass market paperback), I still wouldn't get through everything.
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
australian author ebook