Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 06-30-2021, 06:46 AM   #1
wvdw
wvdw began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Pen support for writing on PDF/EPUB

I know (at least I read it somewhere on github) that koreader supports a pen for input but I couldn't find anything about support to actually being able to write on a PDF or EPUB. Are there any plans to incorporate functionality like this?

I'm asking because the PDF software of the Kobo Elipsa is so abysmal it is really not worth the price tag for me. Koreader would fix everyting reader wise but then you wouldn't be able to mark up your documents.

Thanks in advance.
wvdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 07:50 AM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Not at this point, unless @NiLuJe has plans. :-P
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2021, 12:43 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Oh god, no .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 11:25 AM   #4
koboje
koboje began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra and Elipsa
Elipsa writing experience is indeed abysmal So weird that it doesn't have any writing menu in the reading app. Highlighting looks like almost redacting and pen is too thick and you can't do anything about. If you read in landscape, everything you write is blurred as it is magnified by default. Worst of all, beware that it often loses everything you write on pdf.
koboje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 04:12 PM   #5
Nursken
Nursken began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Oh god, no .
Why can't this be done for markup on pdf? Somewhat discouraging to see that response.
Nursken is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2022, 08:11 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
It would probably be mildly less painful on PDF, but it's still an extremely non-trivial task.

The question was whether I, personally, had any plans on that front.

Given that I do not read PDFs, do not take notes, and am hilariously short on free time, that was an easy answer to give .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 08:43 AM   #7
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I meant @NiLuJe as "a dev with the device" but I think the situation likely hasn't changed in that regard.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 09:52 AM   #8
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Elipsa:
Oddly a BT keyboard works in the default Kobo Annotation but not the Notebooks (except to navigate pages). IMO the only value of the stylus so far is the Advanced Notebook script to text and docx export.

I prefer finger highlight and then typing notes if needed.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo elipsa, pen support, writing