Notices

Old 07-23-2021, 01:51 PM   #1
Binchen
Connoisseur
Binchen began at the beginning.

Device: Abakus
Improvement when exporting reports

Hi,

may i ask for improving the export functionality of reports a little bit?

Look at this:

Quote:
ref.xhtml,166,,Map of A,B and C,Section0003.xhtml,map1,no,,,,
In column D (Text) it may happen that there are already commas in the text which will than be not correctly imported into spreadsheet apps (or any other importing app as well)

Can this column be quoted to tell the importing app that the comma is part of the text and not indicating the next item?

Quote:
ref.xhtml,166,,"Map of A,B and C",Section0003.xhtml,map1,no,,,,
Or maybe change the separating character to a tab(09)?

Binchen
Binchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 04:51 PM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Much later after the Reports were added (before my time with Sigil), I added a real quoted csv output routines for saved searches. I should be able to use those routines to fix the Reports.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 05:34 PM   #3
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Or TSV export instead. Then no CSV problems.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 05:56 PM   #4
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Tabs can be used in xhtml files, they only represent a single space but do exist.
Old 07-24-2021, 02:11 AM   #5
Binchen
Connoisseur

Thanks Kevin.

By the way, what is the last column in the link report is tellinh me? Column name is match with values yes, no and _blank_ but i have no idea what its trying to tell me.

Binchen

Last edited by Binchen; 07-24-2021 at 02:14 AM.
Old 07-24-2021, 03:28 AM   #6
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binchen View Post
By the way, what is the last column in the link report is tellinh me? Column name is match with values yes, no and _blank_ but i have no idea what its trying to tell me.
The "Match?" column?

"Yes"

This lets you know if there's 2 href + id that point back to each other. For example:

Code:
<p>Example link that matches.<a href="#fn1" id="ft1">[1]</a></p>
- - -
<p class="footnote"><a href="#ft1" id="fn1">[1]</a> Points back to the first note in the text.</p>
You can see green href matches with green id in footnote.

And blue id matches with blue href in footnote.

"No"

But let's say you had a 2nd link that pointed to the same location:

Code:
<p>Example link that matches.<a href="#fn1" id="ft1">[1]</a></p>
<p>But this one points one-way.<a href="#fn1" id="ft1-2">[1]</a></p>
- - -
<p class="footnote"><a href="#ft1" id="fn1">[1]</a> Points back to the first note in the text.</p>
Now you can see a red id that doesn't have anything pointing back to it.

In this case, the "Matches?" column will say:

2 "Yes" = the green/blue links
1 "No" = the red link, because nothing points back to ft1-2.

Blank

This means it's a URL, or pointing to an id that doesn't exist in the book:

Code:
<p>Visit <a href="http://www.example.com">http://www.example.com</a> and the note.<a href="#fn999" id="ft999">[999]</a></p>
In these 2 cases, the "Target exists?" column will say:

"n/a" = URL
"no" = broken note, doesn't point to anything.

Last edited by Tex2002ans; 07-24-2021 at 03:48 AM.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 12:08 PM   #7
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Changed all the Reports to do proper CSV quoting just to be safe as filenames can include commas technically. That change is in my local tree and I will push it to master once I know no follow-on serious bug fix release is needed. In about a week or so I would guess.

Last edited by KevinH; 07-24-2021 at 12:17 PM.
Old 07-24-2021, 12:51 PM   #8
Binchen
Connoisseur

Old 07-24-2021, 01:01 PM   #9
Binchen
Connoisseur

But html5 only restricts IDs to non-whitespaces. In html4/xhtml it must start with a letter. After that, letters, digits, hyphen, underscore, colon and period is allowed.

So it might happen in epub3 having an ID containing a comma...
Old 07-24-2021, 01:27 PM   #10
KevinH
Sigil Developer

The added routine treats all data values (columns) equally and properly quotes any values that need it.
Old 07-26-2021, 04:23 PM   #11
KevinH
Sigil Developer

This fix has now been pushed to master. It will appear in the next release.