Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-28-2017, 10:59 AM   #1
josinalvo
josinalvo began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dxg
Question Jailbreak versus duokan

I am thinking of jailbreaking my kindle DX graphite to try and use it as a terminal (text only "computer screen") in my computer

I already have duokan installed, and am a bit afraid of incompatibilities

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...8&postcount=11 reports to have been able to install the jailbreak after doukan with no problems

but...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...78&postcount=3 says that doukan is already a jailbreak, and it is imcompatible with the forum's jailbreak

So, I am a bit confused :P

Could anyone please help?
josinalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 11:16 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Duokan is not one of our projects, you will have to get your Duokan support from the Duokan project.
See:
http://www.miui.com/ The current owner of the Duokan project.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2017, 11:34 AM   #3
josinalvo

I would not mind uninstalling it, but am afraid that its jailbreak would still be installed and maybe impede the new jailbreak or brick the device.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:40 AM   #4
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Ask there not here. Not our project so we cannot advise you.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 11:41 AM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Why ask us? We didn't put it on your device.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2017, 09:56 AM   #6
josinalvo

Fyi, it worked for me, and I am enjoying kindleVNC.

My kindle is a graphite DX, and I did uninstall doukan before trying