Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-24-2017, 07:39 PM   #1
coase
Enthusiast
coase will become famous soon enoughcoase will become famous soon enoughcoase will become famous soon enoughcoase will become famous soon enoughcoase will become famous soon enoughcoase will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color
Calibre problem Fire HD 8

I bought a Fire HD 8 several months ago and successfully connected to it with Calbire and transferred a few hundred titles to it. But recently -- after a couple of Calibre updates -- it doesn't seem to see the Kindle properly. It shows a device but says it has communication issues. It can't list either the books on the device nor on the micro SD card where most of the files are stored on my Kindle.

Any help for this? Thanks.
coase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 10:05 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...ted-by-calibre
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2018, 12:46 PM   #3
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
Thought I'd chime in on this thread concerning by kindle fire 7. About a year ago I posted here I could not connect my kindle fire 7 to calibre no matter what despite posting here and getting advice. Fast forward to this morning and I connected by new kindle fire(latest generation) to calibre. I wasn't expecting anything to happen but lo and behold the fire tablet was instantly recognized by calibre and was able to transfer a book. I didn't update calibre (it is running 3.7) or anything. Go figure.
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote