Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-18-2017, 12:15 PM   #1
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Kindle Collections issue with Kindle 4

I have an old Kindle 4 running OS 4.1.3. I want to add my Fan Fic (over a 1000 books) and I have installed the Kindle Collections plugin on Calibre.

I've set the customise to create collections from my Bookshelves and sent one collection of six books to the device. The preview shows the creation of one collection (see below), however no collection is created on the actual Kindle. Collections is grey'ed out although I can manually add a collection and move the books into it. The kindle is registered.

Can anyone shed any light on what i'm doing wrong please? Its been a few years since I last used Kindle collections so i'm a bit rusty.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

=== Kindle Collections 1.7.17 PREVIEW Report

Preview only - no collections have actually been modified on the Kindle.

Collections saved to the Kindle:

Collection Managed By Books Change
---------- ---------- ----- ------
J3 READ Calibre 6 Created (from column bookshelf)

No collections selected to delete from the Kindle.

=== Settings:

Column: bookshelf
Action: Create
Prefix: ""
Suffix: ""
Minimum: ""
Ignore: ""
Include: ""
Rename from: ""
Rename to: ""
Split on: ""

Never delete/modify these Kindle collections:
Action when toolbar icon is clicked: Show menu (default)
Preserve existing Kindle-only collections: True
Ignore prefix/suffix when comparing Calibre names: True
Ignore case when pattern matching: True
Reset collection times: True
Ignore exported collections db: False
Only build a diff database: False
Kindle Model: 400
Calibre Personal doc tag: ""
Kindle collections file: F:\system\collections.json
Plugin customization file: C:\Users\rakim\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\Kin dle Collections.json
System Encoding: mbcs

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 12:21 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Did you Restart the K4.
Menu: Settings:menu: restart
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2017, 12:23 PM   #3
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ignore me, I figured out its the create collections and then restart. That seems to do the trick
Old 11-18-2017, 12:44 PM   #4
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Did you Restart the K4.
Menu: Settings:menu: restart
I did initaly, but without selecting "create collections on Calibre" first. Once I did that, after loading the books, and then did restart, the collections appeared.
Old 11-18-2017, 01:56 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I did initaly, but without selecting "create collections on Calibre" first. Once I did that, after loading the books, and then did restart, the collections appeared.
Ya gotta do that Every time AFTER (not before ) creating collections.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2017, 02:25 PM   #6
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Ya gotta do that Every time AFTER (not before ) creating collections.

I knew I was missing a step.