Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-10-2013, 12:46 PM   #16
jnjitkoff
jnjitkoff shares his or her toysjnjitkoff shares his or her toysjnjitkoff shares his or her toysjnjitkoff shares his or her toysjnjitkoff shares his or her toysjnjitkoff shares his or her toysjnjitkoff shares his or her toysjnjitkoff shares his or her toysjnjitkoff shares his or her toysjnjitkoff shares his or her toysjnjitkoff shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya3098 View Post
@jnjitkoff: You are not using the latest firmware, right? 5.0 or 5.1 maybe, althought 5.0.x is best for wafs. 5.1.x has some memory management crap and 5.3 does not even use waf (mesquite, is that how it's spelled?)
I have 6 Kindle Touches, and the farthest they've updated is to 5.1.2.
I assume the webkit version is basically the same in any version (I use websockets to keep everything sync'd).

Would it be worth me downgrading them to 5.0.x?
jnjitkoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:11 PM   #17
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnjitkoff View Post
Would it be worth me downgrading them to 5.0.x?
I guess, nobody, who really worked with complex WAFs (I mean, silver18), would recommend you downgrade for better WAF experience.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #18
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
As regards WAFs (or mesquites), every firmware is just "good".
Every problem is related to upgrades: so, on the other hand, it makes sense to not upgrade your firmware!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:21 PM   #19
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
Nice picture. Specially for you, (not only) titlebar switch commands:
Code:
# lipc-set-prop com.lab126.pillow disableEnablePillow disable
# lipc-set-prop com.lab126.pillow disableEnablePillow enable
This is super awesome!!
It will be really helpful in next release of komic!
Just need to figure out how to execute a script when Komic is closed (as it seems I can't use the onpause or onclose....)
Need to study....

Old 03-11-2013, 04:42 PM   #20
jnjitkoff
jnjitkoff shares his or her toysjnjitkoff shares his or her toysjnjitkoff shares his or her toysjnjitkoff shares his or her toysjnjitkoff shares his or her toysjnjitkoff shares his or her toysjnjitkoff shares his or her toysjnjitkoff shares his or her toysjnjitkoff shares his or her toysjnjitkoff shares his or her toysjnjitkoff shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle
One of the things I was particularly interested in doing was being able to do sounds and tts feedback for actions (via calls to aplay, etc). If I recall, one of the releases had a waf api that let you call arbitrary shell scripts (though on another thread someone has found a similar technique using a background daemon and the logging calls).

Will I regret it if I choose to downgrade to that 5.0.X release to get at that api??
jnjitkoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2013, 06:01 PM   #21
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnjitkoff View Post
One of the things I was particularly interested in doing was being able to do sounds and tts feedback for actions (via calls to aplay, etc). If I recall, one of the releases had a waf api that let you call arbitrary shell scripts (though on another thread someone has found a similar technique using a background daemon and the logging calls).

Will I regret it if I choose to downgrade to that 5.0.X release to get at that api??
Of course, because there was no such API for WAF apps in any firmware up to (and including) current 5.3.2.1. WAF apps are essentially sandboxed and stock sandbox relaxing facets ("features") didn't and doesn't include process launching.

I've answered you in WAF hints thread about how you could take silver18's way for communication with outside and change it in try to trick system daemon to execute arbitrary shell script.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:24 AM   #22
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
Nice picture. Specially for you, (not only) titlebar switch commands:
Code:
Tried this yesterday: AWESOME!

Komic has now a new option to hide the status bar.
BTW, I need to fix a few things:
- when enabling pillow, the status bar has only time and wifi icon. You need to write on it again!
- I need to catch the closing of Komic to enable again pillow! I could use window.onunload but I had a few problems (I can solve them, I just need some spare time)
Old 03-30-2017, 11:30 AM   #23
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

Please take a few moments to read our Posting Guidelines, in particular the part about the maximum image size allowed (600x600 pixels). Images that violate those guidelines may be deleted.

It is every member's responsibility to read our Posting Guidelines and follow them.

Thanks.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 01:05 PM   #24
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post

Please take a few moments to read our Posting Guidelines, in particular the part about the maximum image size allowed (600x600 pixels). Images that violate those guidelines may be deleted.

It is every member's responsibility to read our Posting Guidelines and follow them.

Thanks.
Can't something that has been here for four years be grandfathered?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 01:21 PM   #25
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Can't something that has been here for four years be grandfathered?
I agree that it's a bit much to remove the image after about 4 years. If nobody's complained about it, then I see nothing wrong with it.

I think the image guidelines are draconian and need to be repealed and replaced.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 03:31 PM   #26
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Plus, the poster has not visited this site since June, 2013.
Somehow I think he will not see the big green message.
So what is the point?
Old 03-30-2017, 07:18 PM   #27
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Plus, the poster has not visited this site since June, 2013.
Somehow I think he will not see the big green message.
So what is the point?
I've stared a thread in the Feedback forum. Please feel free to join the thread. I'd like your opinion. Thanks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 07:05 AM   #28
kdusr
Connoisseur
kdusr began at the beginning.

Device: KOA, KV, KOA2,PW4,PW5
tried both version on KV,
and
wmctrl -r L:C_N:titleBar_ID:system -e '0,0,0,600,1'

wmctrl -r L:C_N:titleBar_ID:system -e '0,0,0,600,30'

but they do not work, kv has different key-value of lipc-set-prop com.lab126.pillow ?????
kdusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 09:41 AM   #29
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdusr View Post
tried both version on KV,
and

wmctrl -r L:C_N:titleBar_ID:system -e '0,0,0,600,30'

but they do not work, kv has different key-value of lipc-set-prop com.lab126.pillow ?????
You are bumping a four year old thread, I do not think the author will see your question.
It would be best if you started a new thread for your problem, rather than bump one of only historical interest.

Plus, you did not mention what firmware version you are doing those trials on.