Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Other Books

Notices

Old 08-28-2009, 09:42 AM   #1
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Oliphant, Margaret: The Days of My Life. HTML v1. 28 Aug 2009

"The Days of My Life" (1857) is an early novel by Margaret Oliphant; and is unusual in being written in the first person (I haven't yet seen another example in her other works). The novel relates the story of Hester Southcote over several years, from girl to wife and motherhood. Each chapter covers a particular day, providing snapshots of her story as it unfolds.

"[Margaret Oliphant] is the perfect example of that well-known literary puzzle, the writer highly rated and immensely successful in their own time who becomes relegated by posterity to a position only just above obscurity. ...Mrs Oliphant is valuable not only for the integrity of her stories and the grace and fluency with which she tells them, but for the unusual prominence she gives to domestic lives and female friendships. She was a thoroughly professional writer who supported her family entirely through her own labours, without neglecting them one iota. She should, perhaps, become the patron saint of all harassed women writers with demanding families." Margaret Forster, Times Literary Supplement (10 March 1995).

The source was a public domain PDF file at the Internet Archive.
It has been read through to correct OCR errors, please let me know if any further errors are spotted.

The ZIP file contains the HTML text and two JPG files - a simple cover image and a portrait of Mrs. Oliphant.
Please feel free to use these files for anything you wish.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip The Days of My Life.zip (391.7 KB, 443 views)
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:00 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
thank you sparrow ! i've never read anything by Margaret Oliphant ; i'm looking forward to discovering her.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2009, 09:38 PM   #3
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Wait a minute! Harry T uploaded H. Rider Haggard's bio, The Days Of My Life and then, moment's later, Sparrow uploads Margaret Oliphant's bio, with the same title! What are the odds! Run out and buy a lotto ticket!
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:23 PM   #4
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe The Cat View Post
Wait a minute! Harry T uploaded H. Rider Haggard's bio, The Days Of My Life and then, moment's later, Sparrow uploads Margaret Oliphant's bio, with the same title! What are the odds! Run out and buy a lotto ticket!
Oliphant's 'The Days of My Life' is a novel rather than a bio - but I did have a mild nervous breakdown for a second thinking Harry had loaded the same book.

(I'm working on Oliphant's autobiography now.)
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote