Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-12-2012, 12:32 PM   #286
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragasol View Post

I calibrate the stylus carefully, but is not easy to do. The first cross is easy to calibrate, but the other four are not. I have to try several times. Always using 1.7 firmware...

RAFA
If you calibrate the stylus, you dont have to be very carefully. Imagine you are drawing a period in bold (simple touching of the calibrating mark often does not work)
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:50 PM   #287
stex27
stex27 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
I downloaded the firmware 1.7 and also 1.6. I saw taht the FW 1.6 is 189 Mb, but 1.7 it is just 94 mb. This is sound a little bit strange for me.
Is it normal?
what about the official site of ONYX.? Could someone post the link?
many thanks
stex27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2012, 04:46 PM   #288
MatthiasR.
M92 user
MatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by stex27 View Post
I downloaded the firmware 1.7 and also 1.6. I saw taht the FW 1.6 is 189 Mb, but 1.7 it is just 94 mb. This is sound a little bit strange for me.
Is it normal?
Even though the zip is password protected, you can browse through the files contained. At least this works under win7 by opening it as folder in the explorer. The update-20120105.zip contains also the update-20120221.zip, I guess it is the 1.7 version fw posted by booxtor.
I don't know how this happened and cannot verify that this is indeed the real 1.7 fw (size is 96.218KB), but I guess this was an error while (re-)packing the fw.
MatthiasR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:52 PM   #289
ragasol
ragasol began at the beginning.

Device: onyxboox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
If you calibrate the stylus, you dont have to be very carefully. Imagine you are drawing a period in bold (simple touching of the calibrating mark often does not work)
Hi booxtor:

Yes, it is easier if I calibrate the way you explain. It is done, but no improvement.

RAFA
ragasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:12 AM   #290
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthiasR. View Post
Even though the zip is password protected, you can browse through the files contained. At least this works under win7 by opening it as folder in the explorer. The update-20120105.zip contains also the update-20120221.zip, I guess it is the 1.7 version fw posted by booxtor.
I don't know how this happened and cannot verify that this is indeed the real 1.7 fw (size is 96.218KB), but I guess this was an error while (re-)packing the fw.
oops! ... My fault! Sorry
I did copy the update-20120221.zip in the update-20120105.zip accidentally and did not noticed it.
It is now corrected.

Did you know, even if you cant extract the files from that archive, you can copy other files into it.
So you can design your own personal update.
E.g.:
1. you can copy your fonts (or remove original) into: opt\onyx\arm\lib\fonts
2. you can copy your dictionaries into usr\share\dicts
3. you can replace standard screen saver pictures in \usr\share\system_manager\images

Last edited by Booxtor; 03-13-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Advert
Old 03-13-2012, 10:10 AM   #291
kodomo
M92 info archivist
kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.

Device: IRex Iliad 2nd ed., Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max Lumi
Quote:
Originally Posted by stex27 View Post
Is it normal?
what about the official site of ONYX.? Could someone post the link?
many thanks
I remember an odd glitch in one of the firmware archives. It contained the firmware archive of another version (which corresponds to your double-size archive ). No problem flashing it though afair.

Cheers.
kodomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:14 AM   #292
kodomo
M92 info archivist
kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.

Device: IRex Iliad 2nd ed., Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max Lumi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
oops! ... My fault! Sorry
I did copy the update-20120221.zip in the update-20120105.zip accidentally and did not noticed it.
It is now corrected.

Did you know, even if you cant extract the files from that archive, you can copy other files into it.
So you can design your own update.
E.g.:
1. you can copy your fonts into: opt\onyx\arm\lib\fonts
2. you can copy your dictionaries into usr\share\dicts
3. you can replace standard screen saver pictures in \usr\share\system_manager\images
Interesting - didn't know that... created a wiki page about tips'n'tricks [https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Boox_M92_tweaks#Tweaks] and linked it. (Starting to feel like an archivist here, but I prefer stuff in easy to look up places :P ... Therefore also calling for participation and spare folks from following a dozen threads )

Cheers.
kodomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:16 AM   #293
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodomo View Post
Interesting - didn't know that... created a wiki page about tips'n'tricks [https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Boox_M92_tweaks#Tweaks] and linked it. (Starting to feel like an archivist here, but I prefer stuff in easy to look up places :P ... Therefore also calling for participation and spare folks from following a dozen threads )

Cheers.
Right now I am uploading some screen saver images from my collections
that I have prepared for using with Boox M92
You can see and download it here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/booxtor/

Attention - more then 700 pics !
They will be saved in 5 categories (albums): women, nature, arts, ships, landscapes.

Last edited by Booxtor; 03-13-2012 at 11:22 AM.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:08 AM   #294
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
Thanks Booxtor, that's really a huge collection!

I added templates for the scribble app in 1200x1200 to my original post, see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=282. You can work with them in both horizontal and vertical mode now - without getting those borders you usually don't want and of course without changing zoom settings (which leeds to squares being more than 5 mm x 5 mm)...
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:14 AM   #295
Booxtor
Booxtor

A simple file manager for the Onyx Boox (also for M92)

I've just tested a very useful tool from here:http://translate.google.de/translate...1618d8&act=url
On my Boox M92 it works just fine.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:02 AM   #296
CJY
Zealot
CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodomo View Post
I've got a weird battery charging issue (I'm running 1.7rc 24/02/12)... it may be early to tell, because I charge the device only once per week (that is about 3 times since I own the device )... but so far, it persists.

The battery never charges fully in one session.
The orange charging light is lit when I attach it to the power plug at night and off in the morning.
When I disconnect and start the device, I see that it is not fully charged.
Reconnecting it to the power plug or a PC, the orange LED lights up again and it resumes charging.

Last week, when the battery was at 2X% before charging, it was at 5X% at morning... reconnecting it the night after that got me to 8X%, and dis-/reconnecting it the morning after to 100%.
This week, starting at 5X% before charging again got me to 89% in the morning.

Can anyone confirm this behaviour?
Yes, I am seeing similar behaviour.

As for 50% or lower after a full charge - perchance the unit is really bad a gauging the level, or the firmware is being overly careful in an attempt not to 'overcharge' and possibly damage the battery.
Measuring a battery charge is never an exact science, so you should be fine with seeing ca. 90% and upwards.
My guess (!) is that, after a charge, the battery is most likely more charged than the %-indicator leads you to believe.

I use the wifi constantly, so I charge my unit every day. I have simply gotten into the habit of putting it to charge in the morning, then re-connecting the plug later in the day, and it will be above 90% when I use it later.

Cheers!
CJ
CJY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:26 PM   #297
por
Groupie
por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: ONYX M96
------

Last edited by por; 03-16-2012 at 02:06 PM.
por is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:03 PM   #298
stex27
stex27 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
I just received my M92.
The fw is 1,6: have sense to upgrade to 1,7 RC ?
From where it is coming this fw?
In the onyx site (http://www.onyx-international.com) it is even not present m92.
Someone knows why?
stex27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:06 PM   #299
por
Groupie
por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

I found the following issue:

If I draw on certain PDFs and then merge the annotations, the merging tool merges the drawings sideways (as if one has done page rotation only on the drawings (90°)).

You can try this on the PDF for yourselves (attached)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf gamespp1_2012-3-16_18-56-37.pdf (124.2 KB, 292 views)
Old 03-17-2012, 06:05 AM   #300
por
Groupie

One's Dropbox content is easily accessible from the browser, this is very nice

Last edited by por; 03-17-2012 at 06:59 AM.