Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 05-25-2010, 06:51 AM   #481
Nightbreed813
Nightbreed813 began at the beginning.

Device: Openbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by aapezzuto View Post
So if you get the firmware to work, what sort of prize do you win? I could not get the firmware to take on vista 64, after several tries. Every time I attempted it, the device would lock up, and required a hard reset to get it to power on.:
yeah doesn't work on 64 bit windows. I couldn't get it to work on 32 win7 but others say it works (used an old xp machine). With firmware its more usable still no formatting with all formats, but you can read PDFs which have formating lol. BTW new firmware on the 21st anyone notice any changes, I didn't but its nice to see them at least posting once a month. Heres hoping PDF book marking is coming in the near future. Or at least being able to save where you left off.

Oh and as for your prize your $99 paper weight learns a new trick

Last edited by Nightbreed813; 05-25-2010 at 06:53 AM. Reason: addition
Nightbreed813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:04 PM   #482
Marlonsarmiento
Marlonsarmiento began at the beginning.

Device: none
I didn't see any difference.
Marlonsarmiento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 04:07 AM   #483
Nightbreed813
Nightbreed813 began at the beginning.

Device: Openbook
It looks like they updated the user guide to the new one that is on the site. (Which still has many errors). The only difference I saw in the new guide is they removed the contradictions of the SD card limit of 2GB or 16GB. Has anyone tried a SDHC more than 2GB?
Nightbreed813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:41 AM   #484
ipoenkt
ipoenkt began at the beginning.

Device: Openbook Delstar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightbreed813 View Post
It looks like they updated the user guide to the new one that is on the site. (Which still has many errors). The only difference I saw in the new guide is they removed the contradictions of the SD card limit of 2GB or 16GB. Has anyone tried a SDHC more than 2GB?
Yes, I've tried to insert 8 GB SDHC Ultra (belong to my camera, it works for a while then when I try to scroll down among the pictures, It was stop to load the picture)

Last edited by ipoenkt; 05-28-2010 at 10:50 AM.
ipoenkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:48 AM   #485
ipoenkt
ipoenkt began at the beginning.

Device: Openbook Delstar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesagwa View Post
This is kind of an odd request, but can anyone out there test out a comic book on this thing and take a picture / comment on readability. I know the screens small, but I just want to see. It sounds like this would be a nice comicbook reader for my wife (she likes to read manga a lot.) Converting them over to LRF for my 500 never really worked well because of the lower PPI and res.

So it does PDFs ok now? If I get a formatted PDF from Feedbooks, will it strip the formatting and display at as TXT anyway?
Well, these are the images of comic book with PDF format
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Comic2.jpg
Views:	618
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	52393   Click image for larger version

Name:	Comic1.jpg
Views:	583
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	52394  
ipoenkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:18 AM   #486
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
I was at Brandsmart yesterday. They have the Delstar for $98.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 09:26 AM   #487
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Does anyone still have the Delstar? The sound has stopped working for me. Does anyone have any ideas? (Naturally I made sure the volume was turned up.) It's probably some silly thing I did without realizing it. =/

ETA: I also did the reset, with no result.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:24 PM   #488
erhebung
erhebung began at the beginning.

Device: TL-K5 & TL-K6
Just wanted to mention that the Chinese version of this, the Teclast K5, has had a firmware upgrade to V2.00, August-ish, and there are LOTS of improvements over the firmware it comes with: typeface seems clearer, now, with better spacing; italics exist; margins are a bit tighter; page turns seems much quicker; and no doubt some other stuff.

If anyone wants the link to the Chinese download (it's a little fiddly to get working, but I can walk you through), let me know - I'll pass it on. Definitely worth it, I think.
erhebung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:28 PM   #489
erhebung

Also, I've used a 16GB SD card in mine, successfully. Interestingly, the Chinese model comes with 4GB internal memory.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:15 PM   #490
rausch74
rausch74 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony-PRS300 & Delstar Openbook
Teclast K5 Firmware

My Delstar quit powering on a while after loading their newest firmware. Reset didn't fix it. Finally got it turned on by repeatedly pressing reset while hooked to a pc via USB. Went ahead and loaded the v2.0 firmware for Teclast K5 and now my power issues seem to be solved. It also added support for bookmarking PDF files (yipee!!). The firmware can be obtained here:
ftp://d:d@58.248.4.28:2121/teclast/m...V2.00-A851.rar

I flashed using the tool & instructions from the Delstar site here:
http://delstar.net/ereader-upgrade-instructions

Only issue is once the firmware is installed everything is in Chinese. You have to browse to settings using the icons (unless you read Chinese) and then switch it to English. On the language screen nothing changes after you select English, but all the other menus are switched.
Good luck!!
rausch74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:07 PM   #491
Marlonsarmiento
Marlonsarmiento began at the beginning.

Device: none
So far this is the best upgrade, from book covers to formatting. It also adds text to speech, and the screen seems a little brighter too.
Marlonsarmiento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 03:42 PM   #492
rausch74
rausch74 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony-PRS300 & Delstar Openbook
Text to Speech

For those wondering about the text-to-speech option, open an ebook and press the Left Arrow button. The device will start to read the current page out loud. Not sure the robotic voice would be tolerable for an entire book, but it could come in handy if you are somewhere reading isn't an option (like while driving).
rausch74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:38 PM   #493
Nehovsrah
Nehovsrah began at the beginning.

Device: Delstar Openbook, iPhone 3G, HTC Dream
As much as I hate sites like MediaFire for these things, could someone please upload the Chinese v2.0 software somewheres? A million thanks in advance :P
Nehovsrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:43 PM   #494
erhebung

I managed to get text-to-speech working with the original firmware I had (not V2.00), but maybe I had a slightly different version of V1.00 as I bought mine in China (Teclast branded, not Delstar). Anyway, it does seem to be working.

I'll try and add the firmware to Rapidshare.

This might be of interest, too:

Code:
http://www.teclast.com/zhuanti/k6/
Old 08-26-2010, 09:56 AM   #495
erhebung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nehovsrah View Post
As much as I hate sites like MediaFire for these things, could someone please upload the Chinese v2.0 software somewheres? A million thanks in advance :P
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/415259384/TL-K5-V2.00-A851_-_Firmware.rar
That's the firmware, if anyone ever needs it. The flashing software is in there, too, but it's in Chinese.