Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-01-2013, 11:44 PM   #1
wizzard
The Reader
wizzard is clearly one to watchwizzard is clearly one to watchwizzard is clearly one to watchwizzard is clearly one to watchwizzard is clearly one to watchwizzard is clearly one to watchwizzard is clearly one to watchwizzard is clearly one to watchwizzard is clearly one to watchwizzard is clearly one to watchwizzard is clearly one to watch

Device: Aura HD
Exclamation Huge file in Kobo Aura internal storage

So my Aura was complaining that it can't update as there isn't enough free space in the internal storage. This surprised me as I store all books in the SD card and even that wouldn't be enough to take up 4GB.
So I opened the internal folder in Windows Explorer and found a strange folder with a string of numbers as its name. Within this folder were numerous files and one folder named "cpbf" followed by a string of zeroes. Within this folder are 3 files, one of which is named the same as the original folder and the other 2 are "cpbdf" and "cpbmf". The size of "cpbdf" is 2.9GB.
Any idea what this file is and why is it so big?
wizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:16 AM   #2
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzard View Post
So I opened the internal folder in Windows Explorer and found a strange folder with a string of numbers as its name. Within this folder were numerous files and one folder named "cpbf" followed by a string of zeroes. Within this folder are 3 files, one of which is named the same as the original folder and the other 2 are "cpbdf" and "cpbmf". The size of "cpbdf" is 2.9GB.
Any idea what this file is and why is it so big?
They may be data files from a backup program called CrashPlan. If you are running this program you probably need to tell it not to store its stuff on your Aura.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2013, 12:20 AM   #3
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Googling seems to suggest they might be "CrashPlan" related;

https://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-...w=1189&bih=723

The developers might have left something in the wrong place.

You could copy all that to a folder on your PC for now, and continue with your update.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:19 PM   #4
wizzard
The Reader
wizzard is clearly one to watchwizzard is clearly one to watchwizzard is clearly one to watchwizzard is clearly one to watchwizzard is clearly one to watchwizzard is clearly one to watchwizzard is clearly one to watchwizzard is clearly one to watchwizzard is clearly one to watchwizzard is clearly one to watchwizzard is clearly one to watch

Device: Aura HD
Thanks for the tip. It might be CrashPlan which I have installed. It saw my Aura as a drive it was backing up to. So it should be safe to delete this folder.
wizzard is offline   Reply With Quote