Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 09:33 AM   #1
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Feature Request: Auto import books on collections from folders

As I'm the librarian of my family, I manage all family ebooks in different libraries with same Calibre application. That is, I have a Library for my mom, another for my girlfriend, another for mine and so. When someone purchases an ebook o gets one, she put in her own Dropbox folder, that is shared with me. Once I see those ebooks, I got and manually put on each Calibre library and eventually send via email to their kindles.

Not much ago I discover that calibre can automatically import ebooks from a folder...

My idea is to expand that feature having a list of import folders and each folder connected with one Library. And if Calibre founds any book in any folder, it imports automatically to each own connected library... and if after that it will be capable to automatically send those books via email (one different email for each folder/library) ... well, my heaven in earth.

I do not know if that feature will be valuable for more people than me but i think it will be work of, at least first part (one folder for each Library)...
Old 04-14-2014, 04:40 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moderator Notice
This is a violation of the licensing terms of every bookstore that I'm aware of. We will not permit MobileRead forums to be used to support piracy. Thread closed.
Advert
Closed Thread