Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 12-03-2009, 09:45 AM   #1
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: iPhone, iPad, PRS-650
Lightbulb [The Older version] Calibre2opds V2

Welcome from the calibre2opds team![/B]

The calibre2opds tool can generate OPDS and HTML catalogs from the metadata of the Calibre ebook library manager. These catalogs can then be used both to browse your ebook library online and also to download books on demand.

Current Release: 2.4
Current beta: 2.5 beta 1

We hope you’ll have as much fun using this tool as we had writing it !

The calibre2opds team :

David Pierron – lead programmer
Dave Walker – programmer; documentation & features manager; tester
Farid Soussi – html and css

Useful Links
The project website
The project website (if the above does not work, until the DNS servers are updated, in 24h max.)
Support Forum

Last edited by theducks; 04-06-2012 at 10:04 AM. Reason: New site and versions, revised subject
dpierron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 08:54 AM   #2
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

I uploaded a new release, which adds support for generating authors, series and recent additions catalogs.
Advert
Old 12-06-2009, 11:49 PM   #3
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
You still need to generate the stanza.xml file, correct?

Edited to add: you do not need to generate the stanza file.

Last edited by da_jane; 12-07-2009 at 12:25 AM.
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:13 AM   #4
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
You may remember this thread where I explained my setup with Dropbox automagically publishing my Calibre ebook library to the depths of the internet...
Based on your previous post, I also installed Dropbox and have been using it to get ebooks from my laptop into Stanza on my son's iTouch. Works like a charm. Can you give us some more details on the benefit of using your new tool?

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 04:57 AM   #5
dpierron
calibre2opds guru

da_jane: you found out eventually, but here is the confirmation : there is no need to generate the stanza.xml file, because it is in fact generated by the tool itself, in _catalogs/catalog.xml

Leep: this tool (and the Calibre2Web script it is based on) generates multiple catalogs, broken into smaller lists of books than the default Stanza catalog generated by Calibre. It is useful if you want to access your library, using Stanza, by author, serie, category or if you simply have a lot of books.
Advert
Old 12-07-2009, 08:47 AM   #6
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

The all books that is generated does not include all my books (and yes, they are in epub format).
Old 12-07-2009, 10:21 AM   #7
dpierron
calibre2opds guru

I uploaded a new release (0.0.3), which includes an extensive test mode. Could you please download it, install it wherever you install it usually, and run it with the "--test" parameter, in the calibre library directory ?

Example :

"c:\Program Files\calibredbxtract\bin\calibredbxtract.bat" --test >> test.log

Assuming of course that the tool is installed in c:\Program Files\calibredbxtract ...

This command will generate the test.log file, which is a text file that I'd kindly request you send me... (have a look inside if you're concerned about privacy, but basically it's a list of your books and the complete paths to their folders, along with the list of files that reside in these folders).

If you generate and send me this file, I may be able to track the problem and correct it !
Old 12-07-2009, 12:46 PM   #8
blysik
blysik began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpierron View Post
"c:\Program Files\calibredbxtract\bin\calibredbxtract.bat" --test >> test.log
Downloaded 0.0.3, having the same problem. It's only seeing 21 books.

Sending you the test.log shortly.
blysik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:24 PM   #9
dpierron
calibre2opds guru

Yet another release : this time, I corrected some (important) bugs that will help with finding the missing ePub books, and introduced a test mode to help people who have problems with the tool...
Old 12-07-2009, 08:28 PM   #10
Beau
Connoisseur
Beau doesn't litterBeau doesn't litter

Device: Sony 700, ipod Touch, iphone, Galaxy Tab
Jane is Da Bomb, and David is Da Man!

Question, Am I still going to have to find a way to deal with the spaces in my titles or is that already built in?

Thanks to you both!

Beau
Beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:52 PM   #11
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

Device: nook touch a Nook 3g (rooted) and a nookcolor (rooted)
I have it working now, after a few problems (David did wonders fixing) The spaces in the names have no effect. I have many spaces and and I now have all my books visible.
iandix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:27 AM   #12
da_jane
Evangelist

To make it even easier for users, you can create a "batch file".

Go to Start -> Run

Type "notepad" in the Run box.

Notepad will open. Paste two lines of code:

First is the pathname to the calibredbxtract bin folder. The easiest way to do this is to copy and paste the path from the address line in a windows explorer window.

If you've placed it in the c:\Program Files\Calibre2\calibredbxtract then the first line of code will be
c:\Program Files\Calibre2\calibredbxtract\bin

The next line of code is where your Calibre library is calibredbxtract.bat +

c:\Documents and Settings\Username\Dropbox\Public\secretname\

Again, there should be two lines of code in your file that look something like this:

cd C:\Program Files\Calibre2\calibredbxtract\bin

calibredbxtract.bat C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\My Dropbox\Public\secretfoldername

Save as "catalogmaker.bat" or something. Has to end with bat.

This creates an executable file and all you have to do is double click on the file to run the command to create your catalogs.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:35 AM   #13
dpierron
calibre2opds guru

I released a new version (0.0.5) which corrects the problem reported by Bruce : the tool was missing a lot of books.

Please download it from the project page and report if you find any more bugs.

Also, feel free to register an account at Sourceforge and submit bug reports, and support or feature requests, I'll be happy to implement them !

PS : I've got some nice features in mind, I hope you'll like them
PPS : Jane, I included your helpful explanations in the tool's readme file ; I hope you don't mind !
Old 12-08-2009, 05:36 AM   #14
dpierron
calibre2opds guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau View Post
Jane is Da Bomb, and David is Da Man!

Question, Am I still going to have to find a way to deal with the spaces in my titles or is that already built in?

Thanks to you both!

Beau
Thanks Beau, it flies straight to the heart !
To answer your question (not that I need to, Ian already did) : no, you won't have problems with spaces nor with parentheses ; this tool is smart
Old 12-08-2009, 09:10 AM   #15
da_jane
Evangelist

Thanks David! Version 0.0.5 really works beautifully.