Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-24-2009, 08:21 AM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Wizpac txtr demo at CeBIT

We covered the txtr about a month back. Thanks to an inquisitive MobileRead member, we now know that it will be demoed next week at the CeBIT in Hannover.

We don't know if MobileRead will be able to send someone, so I'm asking anyone who can go to stop by the Wizpac booth next week and have a look at the txtr. We'd like to hear your opinion. We'd love photos.

P.S. Tell them I sent you.

Update: Our friends over at Wizpac have updated their blog. The txtr demo at CeBIT will be on the 3rd & 4th of March. Wizpac will also demo the txtr at the Leipzig Book Fair on the 12th and 13th of March.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:29 AM   #2
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
First, it's in Hannover, not Munich...

And second, I'll make sure my batteries of my photo camera (which can also make decent videos) are full and its SD card empty.

Now I only need to find out where they'll be standing...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2009, 08:37 AM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
First, it's in Hannover, not Munich...

And second, I'll make sure my batteries of my photo camera (which can also make decent videos) are full and its SD card empty.

Now I only need to find out where they'll be standing...
Thanks. I don't know how I got that wrong.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:23 AM   #4
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Well well well, now they have a show going just round the corner (Leipzig ist not even two hours from here)!
I can't say for suer, but I might manage to go there on the 13th of March, it sepens whether I can swap with a collegue because I would have to work in the mornings and I would prefer having the whole day to go there and back and still get some quality time in with WizPac and their txtr.

I'll try to arrange that!

I've got a pretty decent camera with HD Video...depending on how crowded everything gets I might be able to bring some pics and vids home with me.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:32 AM   #5
alehel
Zealot
alehel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Shame I didn't know about this sooner. Plane tickets from Oslo are now around $1000 which I can't afford.
alehel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2009, 09:33 AM   #6
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Please, please, please get as much detail as you can I'm really intrigued by this product and how it potentially integrates with their backend service.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:35 AM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i'm jealous of both of you ! please take as many photos and videos as you can, and ask plenty of questions !! the txtr looks really great to me and i want to know as much as possible.

ask when it will be released in france, and at what price.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:40 AM   #8
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
For anyone interested they now have an option when you signup for their newsletter to be put in a queue for priority ordering. It's not an order, but if you sign up, when you actually order you will be bumped to the top of the queue.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:43 AM   #9
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I'll be going the 6th...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:48 AM   #10
-Thomas-
Addict
-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iRex iLiad v2
I'll be there on the 5th which is obviously too late to take a peek at the reader... BTW: What about a Mobileread.com meet-up at the fair? Is anybody else planning to visit the CeBIT?
-Thomas- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:02 AM   #11
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i'm jealous of both of you !
It's not that far from France !
I tested from Lyon : 11h travel, 2 train switch and 170€.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:13 AM   #12
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
It's not that far from France !
I tested from Lyon : 11h travel, 2 train switch and 170€.
i know !! that's why i'm so frustrated !!!!
Old 02-24-2009, 06:05 PM   #13
-Thomas-
Addict
-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iRex iLiad v2
This is the info I just got by mail:
Quote:
Hello Thomas,

yes, we will be at the CeBIT, but unfortunately we won't have a fixed location.
We will have several meetings there and if you keep your eyes open I'm sure you will see us somewhere there with the prototype ready for testing.
Sorry that I can't give you more information than that.

Kind regards
Looks like we have to search for them on the fair ground
-Thomas- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 06:15 PM   #14
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Thomas- View Post
This is the info I just got by mail:

Looks like we have to search for them on the fair ground
aw, they're not making it easy are they. well put on your sleuth hat so you can track them down.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:16 PM   #15
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
aw, they're not making it easy are they. well put on your sleuth hat so you can track them down.
Calling Miss Marple, calling Miss Marple.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote