Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-11-2008, 11:16 PM   #1
Bubble
Enthusiast
Bubble has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Bubble has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Bubble has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Hess, Rhys: Planescape: Torment - Novelization

Planescape: Torment - Novelization

Wiki
Original format

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Planescape: Torment is a computer role-playing game developed for Microsoft Windows by Black Isle Studios. Released on December 12, 1999 (see 1999 in video gaming), the game takes place in the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Planescape campaign setting. Torment places emphasis on conversation and storyline instead of combat. The game begins in Sigil, where the protagonist, an enigmatic and heavily scarred immortal dubbed The Nameless One by the game's interface, wakes up in a mortuary with no memory of his identity and past experiences. Assuming the role of The Nameless One, players embark on a quest to solve the mysteries surrounding him
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Official Novelization Site
Rhyss Hess played through the game, wrote down all the dialog, and added enough narrative to make it flow like a novel.
I have no clue how I managed to convert it (with working TOC too!) into LRF format using BD. If someone can do a better job, go for it.

Not too sure about Copyright in this regard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Author
This novel has been composed from text copied from the computer game Planescape: Torment by Black Isle Studios. It was turned into a novel by Rhyss Hess, and typeset by Lucian Wischik.
Attachments Pending Approval
File Type: rar Planescape Torment Novelization.rar

Last edited by Bubble; 05-11-2008 at 11:46 PM.
Bubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:07 AM   #2
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
The book is copyrighted 1999. I did check the original site. Although it is posted freely at their site, they did not give permission for others to post it elsewhere.

Additionally, since there is no longer an e-book associated with this post I am moving it out of the E-Book Uploads section.

If you are interested in the book, go to the original site cited above and download your own copy there.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2008, 03:52 PM   #3
IceHand
Linux User
IceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3
Thanks. I love the game, I'll take a look at the novel.
IceHand is offline   Reply With Quote