Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 10-04-2013, 08:34 PM   #1
testrider
testrider began at the beginning.

Device: kindle keyboard,Samsung Galaxy S2
Calibre Companion - created wrong subdirs on device?

Hi,

I just purchased CC and I like it. There is a small problem:

- In Calibre's 'device->configured this device->save template', I configured it as "{tags:sublist(1,2,\,)}{tags:sublist(0,1,\,)}/{title}-{authors} ({id})", so that my books are put in a subdir formed by the 2nd tag, followed by 1st tag.

- I selected 'send to device' from Calibre.

- Most of them came out correct in CC, however, there are some that were missing characters. For example, I have some books tagged with 'Diabetes,Health'. Some came under "HealthDiabetes" (correct), but some also came under a separate directory "Healthabetes" (incorrect. Missing 'Di'). By the way, this is consistent: I removed all the books on CC, then from Calibre I send them all to CC again and I got the same thing (correct and incorrect subdirs with idential words).

Some missed 1 character. For example, 'Fiction' and 'iction'.

- All the books were accounted for, just that they were under different directories. There were only 180 books.

Could you take a look?
Thank you.

mike

PS: is there a way to see the current reading books in CC? (for ex: I clicked on a book to read. I use Moon+ Reader. Next time when I came back to CC, can I see the book I was reading?)

PS2: I'm running CC on a Samsung Galaxy S2 running ICS 4.0.4, Calibre 1.5 on a Windows 7 pc.

Last edited by testrider; 10-05-2013 at 12:04 PM. Reason: more info
testrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:04 AM   #2
Sefiriot
Bujavid tekikin
Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: LG G3 D855, Samsung Galaxy Note N7000
Moon Reader does go back to CC book details if you open the book in MR from CC. It's always done that for me on my Samsung Note, whether on ICS or Jelly Bean.
Sefiriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2013, 02:33 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by testrider View Post
Hi,

I just purchased CC and I like it. There is a small problem:

- In Calibre's 'device->configured this device->save template', I configured it as "{tags:sublist(1,2,\,)}{tags:sublist(0,1,\,)}/{title}-{authors} ({id})", so that my books are put in a subdir formed by the 2nd tag, followed by 1st tag.

- I selected 'send to device' from Calibre.

- Most of them came out correct in CC, however, there are some that were missing characters. For example, I have some books tagged with 'Diabetes,Health'. Some came under "HealthDiabetes" (correct), but some also came under a separate directory "Healthabetes" (incorrect. Missing 'Di').

Some missed 1 character. For example, 'Fiction' and 'iction'.

- All the books were accounted for, just that they were under different directories.
My guess is that you are running into the max path length. Because devices can be connected via MTP to windows, CC ensures that the total path length is less than 250, its value for windows max path. That number is further reduced by the length of the prefix entered into CC, and then reduced again by a guess for the max path prefix used by windows for MTP devices (40). Add all this together and the max path for the default CC directory is around 180 characters. If the path is longer than that then characters are cut out of each path segment until it fits.

You can change your template to ensure that the title/author part is short enough to ensure that there is sufficient space for the tags. See the "shorten" template function.
Quote:
PS: is there a way to see the current reading books in CC? (for ex: I clicked on a book to read. I use Moon+ Reader. Next time when I came back to CC, can I see the book I was reading?)
Sort by date read. The last book will be at the top. Or the bottom if you are sorting the other way.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 02:51 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
For me, one of the biggest advantages to using CC is that I no longer have any reason to set up a complicated path for my books. The CC app has all of my books sorted for me.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 10-07-2013 at 02:09 AM. Reason: sp
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:05 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
For me, one of the biggest advantages to using CC is that I no longer have any reason to set up a complicated path for my books. The CC app has all of my books sorted me.
Same for me. I use the CC option to name books using their unique calibre ID (UUID), which ensures that reading positions will sync in Moon+ no matter how I downloaded the book (wireless device or content server). Of course, the UUID has no relationship at all to the book's title or metadata.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2013, 05:06 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Same for me. I use the CC option to name books using their unique calibre ID (UUID), which ensures that reading positions will sync in Moon+ no matter how I downloaded the book (wireless device or content server). Of course, the UUID has no relationship at all to the book's title or metadata.
When I decided to put all of my books on my tablet I too chose the option of using the UUID to name the books.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:03 PM   #7
testrider

Calibre Companion - can I edit tag on the device?

sorry. deleted. posted to the wrong place.

Last edited by testrider; 10-05-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:56 AM   #8
testrider

Chaley,Thank you for the replies. I shorten the title with

{title:shorten(15,-,5)}

and everything came out correctly.

Appreciate the help!

DoctorOhh, Chaley, thanks for the suggestions. I think there is really no reason for me to keep the title physically on my device. I guess it's just from old habit :-)

mike

Last edited by testrider; 10-07-2013 at 01:17 AM.