Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-23-2011, 07:33 PM   #1
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Mobi support on Kobo Touch

Has anyone here tried reading mobi format on Kobo Touch?

Specifically, can you load Kindle Store books in .azw format (which is .mobi) that don't have DRM (these are the books that say 'simultaneous device usage: unlimited'—there are actually a large number of these)?
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:05 PM   #2
Byron4120
Enthusiast
Byron4120 began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post

Specifically, can you load Kindle Store books in .azw format (which is .mobi) that don't have DRM (these are the books that say 'simultaneous device usage: unlimited'—there are actually a large number of these)?
I guess I do not know how to browse their store -- The Free books (.azw) (Treasure Island for example) did not work -- Format was ok but the actual text did not read well.
Byron4120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2011, 10:03 PM   #3
Byron4120
Enthusiast
Byron4120 began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO Touch
I tried .mobi as converted by Calibre -- Calibre reader looks fine -- But touch messed up the text -- Not sure if it is extended character set that does not match - or something goofy in the reader program. (File converted from .lit) A large file 1.2MB .lit .txt .89MB mobi -- .txt & .rtf were recognized but did not open (froze the machine). TXTZ was not recognized. Looks like we need some work here.
Byron4120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:57 PM   #4
george.talusan
Kobo Developer Intern
george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo
If this content is non-copyrighted, please PM it to me.
george.talusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:04 AM   #5
bulldog5550
bulldog5550 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Mobi files

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post

Have tried but no sucess so use calibre to convert to epub I convert 150 at a time takes few minutes and they work on our kobo touch just fine

Steve
bulldog5550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert