Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-20-2011, 07:55 AM   #16
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmdrix View Post
I not succed in duokan lite. When I trick SHIFT SHIFT I, always show '<SHIFT I>' failure.
Any one pls help me.
Is duokan.ini on your KIndle root folder? Make sure it is inside the launchpad folder.
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:05 AM   #17
tmdrix
tmdrix began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Dxg
Quote:
Originally Posted by montalex View Post
Is duokan.ini on your KIndle root folder? Make sure it is inside the launchpad folder.
Yes.I'v done it:

- copy the attached(in archive) startdk.sh file to the Kindle under DK_System/ in user root

- copy the attached(in archive) duokan.ini file to the Kindle under launchpad/ in user root
tmdrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:12 AM   #18
j4david
j4david began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmdrix View Post
I not succed in duokan lite. When I trick SHIFT SHIFT I, always show '<SHIFT I>' failure.
Any one pls help me.
For me is SHIFT SHIFT SPACE for reread hotkey sequence database.
You can see that at /launchpad/sevececmds.ini
j4david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:52 AM   #19
el34han
el34han began at the beginning.

Can not see newly copied doc

The result of DKlist is truly great. Solved my biggest problem of using Duokan.
But I run into a problem. I can not see the documents newly copied to DK_Documents. They don't show up in book list.
Anyone can help?
Thank you.
el34han is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:54 AM   #20
eLiNK
Addict
eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PRS-505, KDXG
el34han
restart the Kindle.
eLiNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:13 AM   #21
el34han
el34han began at the beginning.

eLiNK
You are right. After a reboot Duokan is working now.
Thanks to all helped.

BTW, do not use the most recent Beta0520. It drains your battery 3 times faster than Beta0422.
Switching to Duokan took 7 secs. Switching to Kindle 50secs. Much slower than what other people reported. Wondering why?
el34han is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:27 AM   #22
AkumaTakeshi
Lounge Lurker
AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi (Screen Broken)
What's the differences between Duokan and Duokan Lite?

Sorry if I've missed something that explained that, just like to know the differences between them.
AkumaTakeshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:23 PM   #23
meem
A Reader who can think..!
meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi - Kindle DX (B004)
I olso don't understand what's the differences between Duokan and Duokan Lite?

And as a Duokan user, I don't see it is that heavy to make a lite version of it.
So, can anyone explain more about it Duokan Lite ?
meem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:12 AM   #24
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
It *is* Duokan, just the way to start it is different (instead of choice at boot, it gets started by launchpad).
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:29 AM   #25
AkumaTakeshi
Lounge Lurker
AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi (Screen Broken)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
It *is* Duokan, just the way to start it is different (instead of choice at boot, it gets started by launchpad).
I'll keep using normal Duokan then, didn't saw any reason until now to jailbreak my Kindle, I know there are lots of advantages but it just isn't for me, at least for now.

I only restart Kindle when I need to get to Duokan which enters automatically in it, and changing back to Kindle firmware is easy.

I don't mind waiting a bit thanks for the answer
AkumaTakeshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:45 AM   #26
max99
Addict
max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG, PW
can anyone confirm if it's true that Duokan Lite won't let you see material from your Kindle OS document folder? if that's true i'll be sticking with standard Duokan for the time being...I don't want to duplicate or segment my library.

My current set-up is to use sub folders within Kindle's own 'documents' folder. This keeps all my material together and further allows Duokan to pick up the sub folder names on the home screen.
max99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:59 PM   #27
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by max99 View Post
can anyone confirm if it's true that Duokan Lite won't let you see material from your Kindle OS document folder? if that's true i'll be sticking with standard Duokan for the time being...I don't want to duplicate or segment my library.

My current set-up is to use sub folders within Kindle's own 'documents' folder. This keeps all my material together and further allows Duokan to pick up the sub folder names on the home screen.
I have Duokan Lite installed, and I see all my documents from Kindle's documents folder. I used an older version of Duokan, though. Perhaps the latest versions cause problems?
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:14 AM   #28
max99
Addict
max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montalex View Post
I have Duokan Lite installed, and I see all my documents from Kindle's documents folder. I used an older version of Duokan, though. Perhaps the latest versions cause problems?
thank you montalex. given your experience using standard and Lite Duokan can you advise if it's worth the bother installing Lite?
Old 07-01-2011, 05:59 AM   #29
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
I think there's a bit of a naming problem now, since the Duokan team also published a software called "Duokan Lite". We actually have now:
- The "Duokan Lite" described in this thread, which actually is a different way to start the "classic" Duokan. (so @max99: In this context the answer to your question would be: it's the same software, you just can switch faster between Duokan and Kindle)
- The "Duokan Lite" from the Duokan team. It's a new application. (I didn't test it yet, @max99, so I can't comment on that, but note that this thread has been about the former variant of "Duokan Lite")
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 06:48 AM   #30
max99
Addict

well i took the plunge and installed the quick load version of Duokan. it allowed me to switch from Kindle OS to Duokan ok but when i tried to switch back my kindle go stuck in a constant restart loop forcing me to invoke recovery mode! had to reformat my Kindle to get it working again.

thankfully i'd backed up my books recently but had to populate all my collections again. won't be trying this hack again soon!