Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-10-2018, 01:26 PM   #211
dnh
dnh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo
USB Not working correctly

I have a Kobo Glo with plato 0.5.1, run from ksm.

When I connect a USB cable, it detects that it was plugged in, prompts me if I want to connect, and when I do it goes to the "Mounted" screen as expected, but USB does not fully connect.

USB works correctly in nickel and ksm, but after this happens I will need to restart to have it work in either of those again.

My crash.log is:
Code:
Plato is running on a Kobo Glo.
The framebuffer resolution is 758 by 1024.
umount: can't umount /mnt/onboard: Device or resource busy
insmod: can't insert '/drivers/mx50-ntx/usb/gadget/arcotg_udc.ko': unknown symbol in module or invalid parameter
insmod: can't insert '/drivers/mx50-ntx/usb/gadget/g_file_storage.ko': unknown symbol in module or invalid parameter
Can't load metadata: Can't open file.
plato: Can't save metadata.
plato: Can't create data file.
plato: No such file or directory (os error 2)
thread '<unnamed>' panicked at 'called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: "SendError(..)"', libcore/result.rs:945:5
note: Run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` for a backtrace
Running it without plugging is usb creates an info.log with just the first two lines.

Thanks
dnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 02:04 PM   #212
tlc630
tlc630 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo Clara HD
Plato 0.5.1 Frontlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by baskerville View Post
This can only happen if the frontlight is disabled.

Can you:
  • Toggle the frontlight by holding the frontlight icon?
  • Bring up the main menu by tapping the main menu icon?
The Settings.toml from 0.5.0 has frontlight = true, the Settings.toml from 0.5.1 has frontlight = false, don't know why.

Why is there a settings for this at all?
tlc630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2018, 02:31 PM   #213
Dirk-71
Zealot
Dirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolate

Device: Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One, Glo HD, Clara 2E
Ok, thanks to @jcn363 I got Plato running with KSM. It's nice but I prefer Nickel. However Plato could be better for PDF / Comics!?
Dirk-71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 04:16 PM   #214
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
@baskerville
I just tried your updated usb-enable.sh. I get still the same result as dnh. The problem is

Code:
insmod "$GADGETS"/arcotg_udc.ko $MODULE_PARAMETERS
It should be only
Code:
insmod "$GADGETS"/arcotg_udc.ko
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 04:40 PM   #215
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura ONE
Thanks @tshering, I've applied your patch.
baskerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2018, 03:24 AM   #216
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk-71 View Post
It's nice but I prefer Nickel.
Can you elaborate?
Old 10-11-2018, 03:53 PM   #217
dnh
dnh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
@baskerville
I just tried your updated usb-enable.sh. I get still the same result as dnh. The problem is

Code:
insmod "$GADGETS"/arcotg_udc.ko $MODULE_PARAMETERS
It should be only
Code:
insmod "$GADGETS"/arcotg_udc.ko
This worked for me, thanks!

I had one other slight annoyance, how difficult would it be to allow the physical light button toggle the light? There are other ways to do it, but it would be a nice to have. Thanks.
dnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 04:24 AM   #218
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnh View Post
How difficult would it be to allow the physical light button toggle the light?
Not very.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:50 AM   #219
Dirk-71
Zealot
Dirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolate

Device: Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One, Glo HD, Clara 2E
I didn't succeed to load PDF books. With Koreader is no problem. What do I have to regard to read PDF with Plato?
Dirk-71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 12:10 PM   #220
baskerville
Evangelist

I've released 0.5.2.
  • Storage sharing should work on every device.
  • The physical buttons LIGHT and HOME are bound.
  • A notification will appear when the battery capacity goes below battery.warn % and the device will power itself off if it goes below battery.power_off %.
Old 10-13-2018, 07:03 PM   #221
tlc630
tlc630 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo Clara HD
Light, usb, and wifi all work on my Glo. Thanks for the .5.2 update!
tlc630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 02:51 PM   #222
anki
Connoisseur
anki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo HD | KSM9 | KoReader | Plato
Hello Guys,

I need some basic guide for plato to install on my Kobo Glo HD.

On this page https://github.com/baskerville/plato...r/doc/GUIDE.md

it says:

And extract the relevant archive:

unzip plato-launcher-fmon-VERSION.zip -d SD_ROOT

But i don't understand that. Where can i find the plato-launcher-fmon.zip ???

Do you have any package to install on the kobo Glo HD? Do i need to install fmon first and how can i do that, via KSM menu?

(i have KSM9 already installed)
anki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 03:04 PM   #223
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by anki View Post
Hello Guys,

I need some basic guide for plato to install on my Kobo Glo HD.

On this page https://github.com/baskerville/plato...r/doc/GUIDE.md

it says:

And extract the relevant archive:

unzip plato-launcher-fmon-VERSION.zip -d SD_ROOT

But i don't understand that. Where can i find the plato-launcher-fmon.zip ???

Do you have any package to install on the kobo Glo HD? Do i need to install fmon first and how can i do that, via KSM menu?

(i have KSM9 already installed)
Note: Make sure that you have installed the latest update for KSM 9 (KSM09_update002.zip), and also StartMenu_09_plato_4.1.zip.

You can then simply copy the folder "plato" (which you can find in plato-0.5.2.zip) into the folder ".adds". There will then (you might have to reboot) appear a menu entry "start plato" at the first page of KSM.

Last edited by tshering; 10-23-2018 at 03:11 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 04:05 PM   #224
anki
Connoisseur
anki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo HD | KSM9 | KoReader | Plato
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Note: Make sure that you have installed the latest update for KSM 9 (KSM09_update002.zip), and also StartMenu_09_plato_4.1.zip.

You can then simply copy the folder "plato" (which you can find in plato-0.5.2.zip) into the folder ".adds". There will then (you might have to reboot) appear a menu entry "start plato" at the first page of KSM.
This is very very perfect instruction thank you for that. I have now installed plato successfully in 20 minute with updates..

In plato where can i change the refresh page? I see now on every next page a shadow from that previous page and therefore reading the books is not so pretty fine. (i see that with night mode enabled in Plato)
anki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 05:05 PM   #225
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@anki: That's a side-effect of night mode (on every device under the sun, except the Oasis 2, because it has specific hardware/software quirks to make it less terrible), it's not specific to Plato.

You can trade ghosting for eye-searingly blinding flashes by enforcing flashing refreshes on every page turn (which IIRC you can tweak in Plato's settings), but it won't necessarily feel better to use.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote