Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 01-11-2017, 09:39 PM   #1
tricksr4skiers
tricksr4skiers began at the beginning.

Device: Surface Pro 3 and Moto G (4)
Overdrive pages overflowing margins

So I'm having a problem where an ePub I've loaded into Overdrive is doing something weird with the margins as can be seen here: http://i.imgur.com/kLlqYCj.png
Pages aren't where they are supposed to be obviously, and it gets worse the further I go into a section to the point that I have the right half of one page on the left of the screen a full page in the center of the screen and the left half of a page on the right side of the screen. Also, how much the pages overflow (or underflow) is dependent on how large (or small) the text is. I'm wondering what could be causing this. The CSS stylesheet used is the same as the one here: https://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/faq/presentation.html (scroll down about halfway to "The complete stylesheet.")
This problem exists in both the Android and Windows 10 apps for Overdrive, but does not exist for the calibre viewer.
I should note that when I uncheck the "default layout" setting in the Windows app or the "default layout (CSS)" setting in Android app the problem goes away, but I think I lose some of the other formatting with it.
Any explanations?

Last edited by tricksr4skiers; 01-11-2017 at 09:43 PM.
tricksr4skiers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
css, margin, margins, overdrive