Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 02-21-2018, 12:02 PM   #151
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Night mode is a known issue: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/3529

Quote:
EDIT2: also, for some reason, downloading the "stable" release from github says it is corrupt. Won't install.
It wouldn't work on Android 7 anyway. Although that is curious.

Note that the calibre thing requires you're on the same network.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 07:49 PM   #152
Ryune
Enthusiast
Ryune began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-950, IPhone, Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Note that the calibre thing requires you're on the same network.
Yeah, Calibre Companion works fine which is what confuses me. CC works fine but when I turn around and use KOreader it doesn't connect regardless of if CC is connected or not.
Ryune is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2018, 08:07 PM   #153
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I think the reference is to the pc caliber is running on and the device running KOReader both being on the same local network. Doesn't CC work anywhere over the internet?

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 08:55 PM   #154
Ryune
Enthusiast
Ryune began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-950, IPhone, Oasis 2
Nope. Or at least not the way I had it running. I was using the local Wi-Fi server and not the content server. Both devices are on the same Wi-Fi.
Ryune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 03:56 AM   #155
richo
Connoisseur
richo began at the beginning.

Device: KOReader on: Kindle Paperwhite and Android
This may not be the best place to ask this, but does KOReader sync on Android works (the registration)? I tried using 3G error I tried when I was on WiFi error.
richo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2018, 06:24 AM   #156
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think so? Is the problem with registration, logging in or pushing?
Old 02-27-2018, 06:54 AM   #157
richo
Connoisseur

Quote:
I think so? Is the problem with registration, logging in or pushing?
Registration.
I always get "Unknown server error"
Old 02-27-2018, 01:30 PM   #158
richo
Connoisseur

Now I have registered account on KOReader from Kindle.
After that I tried login to sync server with same user/password i used from Kindle.
Now I am getting message "Unauthorized"

I am quite confused. Am I doing something wrong? Same reaction I get from KOReader at login time from PocketBook.
Old 02-28-2018, 05:36 AM   #159
Frenzie
Wizard

If you're using a version from before October 2017 then you run into this bug: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/3291
Old 03-03-2018, 11:20 PM   #160
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
When I use coolreader it hides the system bar on my Android based eink reader. But in Koreader it turns black would it be possible to do what the coolreader app does to hide the systembar currently I am using full!screen app to hide the system bar manually but it is flaky so crashes half the time
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 06:31 AM   #161
Frenzie
Wizard

What version of Android is this? It works right in at least some versions. >_>
Old 03-04-2018, 10:37 PM   #162
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
What version of Android is this? It works right in at least some versions. >_>
Android 4.1 If I recall correctly something changed in Android 4 so buggins had to change something for coolreader to work in fullscreen. When you install coolreader and start it for the first time it shows a dialog explaining that. This is the commit I think

https://github.com/buggins/coolreade...6f8ae231b06a24
Old 03-05-2018, 01:59 AM   #163
Frenzie
Wizard

This here is supposed to make it fullscreen without any complications (which it does for me, but I'll have to check in an Android 4.1 VM): https://github.com/koreader/android-...nifest.xml#L20

(no status bar, no system icons, no nothing)

There's also a manual toggle you could give a try in Settings → Screen → Fullscreen or something like that, though it might be slightly broken.

https://github.com/koreader/android-...y.java#L60-L75
Old 03-05-2018, 09:52 AM   #164
Dopedangel
Wizard

The full screen option in Koreader has no effect for me selected or not. Another thing I noticed now which I hadn't noticed earlier as I was using the full!screen app is that the text is hidden behind the bar. In other words Koreader is using the whole screen but the bar comes on top of it. I am making a guess but I think android won't allow the bar to be hidden unless a way to get out of app is built into the sppp. In coolreader when we go into option menu etc the bar comes back but goes away when in the readrer
Old 03-05-2018, 02:37 PM   #165
Frenzie
Wizard

There'll be a new nightly tomorrow with https://github.com/koreader/android-...uncher/pull/80 included. Let me know if it works for you.