Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-09-2018, 06:24 AM   #16
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverty View Post
How big of a battery is the Clara HD? I was thinking about buying the Clara HD when I already have the H2o2 but this thread is making me think not to now. Lol
For which reason ? H2O 2gen is an exelente reader , " Too bad ".
* H2O 2Gen has the same hardware as KOBO CLARA HD (MARK7).

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 10-09-2018 at 06:29 AM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 08:53 AM   #17
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
There are two versions of the Aura H2O Edition 2. The only difference between them is that the second has an updated CPU (the CPU is pin compatible). The first version was a Mark 6. The second version, Kobo has classified as Mark 7 but isn't really (their statement, not mine). The CPU is probably the only real similarity with the Clara HD.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 03:57 PM   #18
Silverty
Connoisseur
Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
The main pull for the Clara HD for me is the smaller size. I got the H20v2 because I wanted the comfort light but wasn't willing to spend the money on an Aura One.

Now that comfort light in on a 6 inch screen (also lighter in weight), I'm sorely tempted but it's still $140 for a screen that might be "off".

I might instead just take the case off my H20v2, stick a popsocket on it and use a sleeve for travelling.

Also I'm guessing that my Kobo H20v2 is probably the older version. I got it in early spring if I remember right.

Last edited by Silverty; 10-09-2018 at 03:59 PM.
Silverty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 06:49 PM   #19
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
The main pull for the Clara HD for me is the smaller size. I got the H20v2 because I wanted the comfort light but wasn't willing to spend the money on an Aura One.

Now that comfort light in on a 6 inch screen (also lighter in weight), I'm sorely tempted but it's still $140 for a screen that might be "off".

I might instead just take the case off my H20v2, stick a popsocket on it and use a sleeve for travelling.

Also I'm guessing that my Kobo H20v2 is probably the older version. I got it in early spring if I remember right.
You are in Canada, so early spring should be March. If you mean March this year, then it might be the second version of the H2O Edition 2. The earliest evidence I can see about them was in March. But, we don't know exactly when Kobo started selling them. You can tell from the serial number. If the 7th character is a 0, it is the first version. If it is 2, it is the second version.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 10:51 AM   #20
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
...it's still $140 for a screen that might be "off".
That's a problem I have with Kobo too
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 03:11 PM   #21
Silverty
Connoisseur
Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
That's a problem I have with Kobo too
Maybe if there's a Black Friday sale, I'd be willing to test one out. Lol
Silverty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:13 PM   #22
ma678
Enthusiast
ma678 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
If I have a chance to buy a second hand H2O v1 or Clara HD at the same price, which one should I get for reading at home most of times?

Thanks.

Last edited by ma678; 10-15-2018 at 11:30 PM.
ma678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:35 PM   #23
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma678 View Post
If I have a chance to buy a second hand H2O v1 or Clara HD at the same price, which one should I get for reading at home most of times?

Thanks.
it's the H2O v1 all day and everyday for me.

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:42 PM   #24
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

I just bought a Clara and LOVE it for its very compact size. I am however, still tempted by the H2O 2. I have been trying to find visual comparisons to get a sense of the size difference. I mostly hold my reader in my hemiparetic right hand, using my (more or less) unimpaired hand for the page turning. If I read the dimensions correctly, the H2O is noticeably shorter and especially wider than the Clara? It's the width that has caused me to hold back from splashing out (ha!), but I have yet to see photos or videos of the two side by side or one top of the other to get a better sense of their real world dimensions. Can anyone help?
Old 10-15-2018, 11:47 PM   #25
ma678
Enthusiast

Except a newer CPU on H2O Edition 2 v2, are there other differences between H2O Edition 2 v1 and v2?

Thanks.
Old 10-16-2018, 12:48 AM   #26
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Except a newer CPU on H2O Edition 2 v2, are there other differences between H2O Edition 2 v1 and v2?

Thanks.
The v2 is/has...
  • Lighter weight
  • Has 8GB storage vs 4GB, but no card slot
  • Better? waterproofing (no need for port covers)
  • ComfortLight Pro
  • v1 has IR Touch, IIRC v2 is capacitive

There are probably other things not coming to mind right now.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 01:34 AM   #27
taos
Connoisseur
taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
The v2 is/has...
  • Lighter weight
  • Has 8GB storage vs 4GB, but no card slot
  • Better? waterproofing (no need for port covers)
  • ComfortLight Pro
  • v1 has IR Touch, IIRC v2 is capacitive
These look more like the differences between H2O "Edition 1" and H2O Edition 2 (v1 & v2)?
taos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 07:48 PM   #28
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Yes, I read the question wrong. Sorry.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 12:53 AM   #29
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:

Thanks.
Not visible to the naked eye (well, the serial number is visible ).
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 06:48 AM   #30
ma678
Enthusiast

I ended up with a Clara HD. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk