Notices

Old 03-01-2010, 09:21 PM   #1
lovelyloey
Enthusiast
lovelyloey began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600
I got my reader back from the Sony factory

Here's the story:

I got a reader off Ebay in January, popped it in the Sony-supplied sleeve, killed the e-ink matrix within 3 days without dropping it, so I had to send to the Laredo factory. Being outside the US, I can't initiate a replacement or even get a work order number, so I sent in with a note detailing everything the online technician told me to.
Fast forward, Sony said they'd replace my set and I got them to send it to my freight forwarder and I got it yesterday.
Opened the box, got a surprise. They replaced my black reader with a silver one. Which looks much more delicious, so I'm not complaining.

I've sort of forgotten how the glare on the reader feels like and how heavy the reader is compared to my 5inch Cybook Opus. And of course there's the issue with the library book formats. But I'm so glad to get a replacement. Now the delicious silver set is sitting comfortably in an M-edge cover.
lovelyloey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:21 PM   #2
tofubean
Connoisseur
tofubean is on a distinguished road

Device: K3, iPad, PW
Grats! It's very reassuring to know that sony supports replacement outside of US and canada.
tofubean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2010, 01:51 AM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Congratulations on your "new" silver one.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:49 AM   #4
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Oh Great News, So Glad you got it sorted, Have Fun,
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote