Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-25-2017, 06:09 PM   #1
icedtea_gal
icedtea_gal began at the beginning.

Device: none
Is it worth upgrading to Aura One from Glo

I have a Glo from a few years ago that's working perfectly fine. I'm tempted to upgrade to the Aura One for the larger screen and direct library access. Both of which are "nice to have", but not a must for me given the high price of the Aura One.

Other than those two changes, are there any other significant improvements that I will notice with the upgrade?

EDIT: Oh, forgot to mention the Comfort Light. Is there any significant performance improvement?

Last edited by icedtea_gal; 04-25-2017 at 06:13 PM.
icedtea_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 06:16 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Things that may or may not be of importance to you...
  • The higher ppi screen (not just the size of screen, but higher resolution for sharper text).
  • Waterproofing
  • Comfort Light

Also note that the on-board library function only works in specific countries with participating libraries. I mention it because some have been surprised/disappointed when it wasn't available to them.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2017, 06:47 PM   #3
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Things that may or may not be of importance to you...
  • The higher ppi screen (not just the size of screen, but higher resolution for sharper text).
  • Waterproofing
  • Comfort Light

Also note that the on-board library function only works in specific countries with participating libraries. I mention it because some have been surprised/disappointed when it wasn't available to them.
And Carta vs Pearl, for better contrast.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 06:53 PM   #4
wroane
Enthusiast
wroane began at the beginning.

Device: First 3 Kindles, H2O, Last 3 years Kobo Aura One
I broke my H2O and decided to get the One mainly because of the size. Performance-wise, there does not seem to be that big of a difference. The screen is much better, clearer and easier on the eyes. I used the comfort light last night, and it did make night reading easier as well. The battery life does seem shorter, but I have only had it a day or so. That said it is easier to plug in and charge than the H2O since it doesn't have a cover over the plug.
wroane is offline   Reply With Quote