Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-03-2015, 06:00 AM   #1
Neurone
Neurone began at the beginning.

Device: none
automatic TOC generation

Hi,

I've been using Calibre to convert pdf files to htmlz. Almost all the time, it generates a section called document outline at the bottom of the document, that accurately lists the sections of the documents. However, clicking on the links don't actually bring me to the appropriate section of the book, and the title of that section is not marked up with headings. These are my current command-line options.

ebook-convert input_file output_file --unsmarten-punctuation --enable-heuristics --duplicate-links-in-toc --max-toc-links 10000 --toc-threshold 10000 --remove-paragraph-spacing --disable-italicize-common-cases

I also tried appending the --new-pdf-engine option hoping that it would help, but it usually generates an exception during conversion and crashes.

What am I doing wrong?
Neurone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 06:36 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
What you are doing wrong is starting with PDF.

http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/conv...-pdf-documents
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert