Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-19-2017, 09:28 PM   #1
Darkginger
Darkginger began at the beginning.

Device: Sony reader PRS T2
How to send books in an unique file?

Hello everyone i'm new.

I've learned english by myself my natal laguage is french (i'm not french i'm belgian) so if i made mistake in english i'm sorry.

I have a Sony Reader PRS-T2

When i use "send on reader" (i don't know the name in english) to send book on my reader a thing that i don't want happen.

It create different kind of files (some by author name, by series names etc). *** More detail in the Post scriptum)

I have limited number of pages in my reader's library (let's say, for example, i can only have 3 pages with 10 files so 30 files) but i've enough memory to send thousand book.

The thing is that while using the option to send books on my reader it create a lot of files (and at the same times a lot of page that i can even acces or see). (Let's say it creates 40 files on my 30 files possible -> i won't be able to acces of see the 10 last)

When i send my book from my computer it send the books in an unique file called "Default".

I wanna send the books from calibre using the option to do that and send all books at a time in that file (or one i've created).

Is there anyone who could explain me how to do? Have you encounter the same problem?

***PS: i've send all Terry Pratchett books (lets say i've send 11 books) on my reader. Here are some example of files automaticly created (some of them even include book that are into other files...)

-Discworld (10 books)
-Fantasy (10book)
-Fantasy fiction (3 books)
-Humour (1 book)
-Youth (1 book)
-Defautl (1 book)

Last edited by Darkginger; 09-19-2017 at 09:43 PM.
Darkginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 05:41 AM   #2
Darkginger

No one is there?
Old 09-22-2017, 08:15 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Calibre only ever sends one file per book.

Your description sounds like you are using the Collections view on the Sony. With default Calibre settings a Collection is created from any tags in the books you send so in the Collections view it is not abnormal to see a book appearing in multiple categories.

In Calibre you can configure the Sony Device driver to control whether tags should create collections at the Sony level. To do this (with the Sony connected) Right-click on the Connect/Share icon to configure the driver.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 05:47 PM   #4
Darkginger

Great answer! That is perfect! Great job dude. I thank you so much my hero!!

Tags
book, send