Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-20-2015, 07:31 AM   #1
MJLee
Enthusiast
MJLee began at the beginning.

Device: none
Sometimes unresponsive Aura H2O

Okay, so I love my Aura and it's served me well but lately I've had some serious problems with it, suddenly, and weirdly not when I read but when I'm scrolling among my collections it suddenly stops responding to touch. I've done everything manual reset with the paper clip, the restart, the factory reset, every bloody reset there is, blablah and then suddenly it starts working perfectly for awhile and then stops responding again. I have noticed that sometimes when it's non-responsive on the Home page there is a little star/wheel beside the Home icon that seems frozen. Suddenly now it's working like a charm, but this is so frustrating. It's still under warranty so I'm thinking of sending it back, but of course when they try and repair it, it will work perfectly and they will just send it back to me again. Plus I already sent back the first one they shipped to me since it was clearly used and they hadn't even bothered restoring it to factory settings. Aaargh what should I do?
MJLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 09:22 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJLee View Post
Plus I already sent back the first one they shipped to me since it was clearly used and they hadn't even bothered restoring it to factory settings.
Worth noting that you'll generally be sent a used device, not a new one, when you get sent a replacement reader following a fault. That applies to most large manufacturers.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2015, 06:07 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Restore your H20 to factory settings, register it again, and then update the firmware to 3.18.0. Mine is at 3.18.0 and responds as it should.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 11:21 PM   #4
dedeaux
dedeaux began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Restore your H20 to factory settings, register it again, and then update the firmware to 3.18.0. Mine is at 3.18.0 and responds as it should.
Hmm. I too have noticed that *after* updating to 3.18.0 my H20 exhibits the same uresponsiveness in touch. I have also noted some books open slower than others now. I will try the factory reset to see if that helps.
dedeaux is offline   Reply With Quote