Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-20-2011, 08:05 PM   #106
AkumaTakeshi
Lounge Lurker
AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi (Screen Broken)
This seems nice, but can't get it to work.

I've installed it but nothing happened, all the files are still the name, both Kindle and K4PC folders.

This is Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit. And I have Calibre associated with all the mobi files, could be that the problem?
AkumaTakeshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:34 AM   #107
Alissa
Connoisseur
Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 + Story HD + Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaTakeshi View Post
I've installed it but nothing happened, all the files are still the name, both Kindle and K4PC folders.

This is Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit. And I have Calibre associated with all the mobi files, could be that the problem?
Thank you for your interest in MobiHandler.

I'm not usually using calibre, but I have tested MobiHandler with calibre on my PC, and they seemed working fine together.

Can you please download and run the diagnostic program attached to the message #101 of this thread? It was not successful to solve alan's problem, but it was designed to solve any file association problems of MobiHandler...
Alissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:48 AM   #108
Alissa
Connoisseur
Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
here is a new report. my usual default viewers are azw-calibre reader and mobi-mobipocket reader.
Thank you for the info. The new report was not identical with older one, but I see no significant differences between them. Probably I missed something, and some differences that appeared unimportant to me is the real cause of the problem. I'm looking into it this weekend.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:49 AM   #109
AkumaTakeshi
Lounge Lurker
AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can certainly do

Here is the result:

Spoiler:

Windows 32 bit Kernel 6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1)
HKCR\.azw\ = Amazon.Kindle.content
HKCR\.mobi\ = Amazon.Kindle.content
HKCR\.prc\ = Amazon.Kindle.content
HKCR\.prc\PersistentHandler\ = {5e941d80-bf96-11cd-b579-08002b30bfeb}
HKCR\Amazon.Kindle.content\ = Kindle Content
HKCR\Amazon.Kindle.content\FullDetails = prop:System.Title;System.Author;System.Language
HKCR\Amazon.Kindle.content\PreviewTitle = prop:System.Title;System.Author
HKCR\Amazon.Kindle.content\shell\ : (ignored)
HKCR\Amazon.Kindle.content\DefaultIcon\ = C:\Program Files\Amazon\Kindle For PC\KindleBook.ico
HKCR\Amazon.Kindle.content\shellex\PropertyHandler \ = {BA91BBAF-9243-49BD-B0DA-97BFC25EB976}
HKCR\Amazon.Kindle.content\shellex\PropertySheetHa ndlers\MOBI\ = {BA91BBAF-9243-49BD-B0DA-97BFC25EB976}
HKCR\Amazon.Kindle.content\shellex\{BB2E617C-0920-11d1-9A0B-00C04FC2D6C1}\ = {BA91BBAF-9243-49BD-B0DA-97BFC25EB976}
HKCR\Amazon.Kindle.content\shellex\{E357FCCD-A995-4576-B01F-234630154E96}\ = {BA91BBAF-9243-49BD-B0DA-97BFC25EB976}
HKCR\CLSID\{BA91BBAF-9243-49BD-B0DA-97BFC25EB976}\ = Alissa's MobiHandler Shell Extension
HKCR\CLSID\{BA91BBAF-9243-49BD-B0DA-97BFC25EB976}\InprocServer32\ = C:\Program Files\Alissa\MobiHandler\mobihandler.dll
HKCR\CLSID\{BA91BBAF-9243-49BD-B0DA-97BFC25EB976}\InprocServer32\ThreadingModel = Apartment
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exp lorer\FileExts\.azw\Progid = Amazon.Kindle.content
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exp lorer\FileExts\.azw\OpenWithList\a = ebook-viewer.exe
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exp lorer\FileExts\.azw\OpenWithList\MRUList = acb
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exp lorer\FileExts\.azw\OpenWithList\b = calibre.exe
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exp lorer\FileExts\.azw\OpenWithList\c = Kindle.exe
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exp lorer\FileExts\.azw\OpenWithProgids\azw_auto_file = (NONE)
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exp lorer\FileExts\.azw\OpenWithProgids\Amazon.Kindle. content = (NONE)
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exp lorer\FileExts\.azw\UserChoice\Progid = azw_auto_file
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exp lorer\FileExts\.mobi\Progid = Amazon.Kindle.content
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exp lorer\FileExts\.mobi\OpenWithList\a = ebook-viewer.exe
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exp lorer\FileExts\.mobi\OpenWithList\MRUList = ab
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exp lorer\FileExts\.mobi\OpenWithList\b = Kindle.exe
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exp lorer\FileExts\.mobi\OpenWithProgids\mobi_auto_fil e = (NONE)
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exp lorer\FileExts\.mobi\OpenWithProgids\Amazon.Kindle .content = (NONE)
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exp lorer\FileExts\.mobi\UserChoice\Progid = mobi_auto_file
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exp lorer\FileExts\.prc\Progid = Amazon.Kindle.content
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exp lorer\FileExts\.prc\OpenWithList\a = ebook-viewer.exe
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exp lorer\FileExts\.prc\OpenWithList\MRUList = a
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exp lorer\FileExts\.prc\OpenWithProgids\prc_auto_file = (NONE)
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exp lorer\FileExts\.prc\OpenWithProgids\Amazon.Kindle. content = (NONE)
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exp lorer\FileExts\.prc\UserChoice\Progid = prc_auto_file
HKCU\Software\Classes\.azw\ = Amazon.Kindle.content
HKCU\Software\Classes\.mobi\ = Amazon.Kindle.content
HKCU\Software\Classes\.prc\ = Amazon.Kindle.content
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\.AZW\ = Amazon.Kindle.content
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\.MOBI\ = Amazon.Kindle.content
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\.prc\ = Amazon.Kindle.content
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\.prc\PersistentHandler\ = {5e941d80-bf96-11cd-b579-08002b30bfeb}
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Amazon.Kindle.content\ = Kindle Content
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Amazon.Kindle.content\FullDe tails = prop:System.Title;System.Author;System.Language
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Amazon.Kindle.content\Previe wTitle = prop:System.Title;System.Author
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Amazon.Kindle.content\shell\ : (ignored)
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Amazon.Kindle.content\Defaul tIcon\ = C:\Program Files\Amazon\Kindle For PC\KindleBook.ico
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Amazon.Kindle.content\shelle x\PropertyHandler\ = {BA91BBAF-9243-49BD-B0DA-97BFC25EB976}
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Amazon.Kindle.content\shelle x\PropertySheetHandlers\MOBI\ = {BA91BBAF-9243-49BD-B0DA-97BFC25EB976}
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Amazon.Kindle.content\shelle x\{BB2E617C-0920-11d1-9A0B-00C04FC2D6C1}\ = {BA91BBAF-9243-49BD-B0DA-97BFC25EB976}
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Amazon.Kindle.content\shelle x\{E357FCCD-A995-4576-B01F-234630154E96}\ = {BA91BBAF-9243-49BD-B0DA-97BFC25EB976}
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{BA91BBAF-9243-49BD-B0DA-97BFC25EB976}\ = Alissa's MobiHandler Shell Extension
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{BA91BBAF-9243-49BD-B0DA-97BFC25EB976}\InprocServer32\ = C:\Program Files\Alissa\MobiHandler\mobihandler.dll
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{BA91BBAF-9243-49BD-B0DA-97BFC25EB976}\InprocServer32\ThreadingModel = Apartment
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pro pertySystem\PropertyHandlers\.AZW\ = {BA91BBAF-9243-49BD-B0DA-97BFC25EB976}
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pro pertySystem\PropertyHandlers\.MOBI\ = {BA91BBAF-9243-49BD-B0DA-97BFC25EB976}
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pro pertySystem\PropertyHandlers\.PRC\ = {BA91BBAF-9243-49BD-B0DA-97BFC25EB976}
Done.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:50 AM   #110
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Not really a bug; but you might want to allow for recognizing malformed/incomplete mobi's. I was experimenting with delivering mobi's from a webserver and ended up with mobi file fragments on my hard-drive. Whenever I browsed to folders (fileOpen dialog) that contained one of these mobi "fragments" using K4PC or KindlePreviewer, both applications immediately crashed. I couldn't figure out what was going on at first, but as soon as I uninstalled MobiHandler, I could then browse to those folders without K4PC or KindlePreviewer crashing on me.

It might not ever affect anyone really, but I thought you should know.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:24 PM   #111
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alissa View Post
Thank you for the info. The new report was not identical with older one, but I see no significant differences between them. Probably I missed something, and some differences that appeared unimportant to me is the real cause of the problem. I'm looking into it this weekend.
you're welcome.

now i have no covers at all....so i cleared the thumbnail cache, uninstalled and then reinstalled the latest mobihandler. sigh!! still no covers at all.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 01:50 AM   #112
galeforce99
galeforce99 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
This is brilliant - exactly what I needed for my growing collection of Kindle books. Just installed it and it worked first time.

Thank you!
galeforce99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:46 PM   #113
norti
norti began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi eco-nique Edition :D
Excellent software! Thank you!
norti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:28 AM   #114
terencek
Groupie
terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Brilliant! Works an absolute treat, especially if you set Windows Explorer to display Extra Large Icons -- you can almost read some of the text on the book covers.

This great functionality makes me yearn for something similar which works on the actual Kindle itself! Would be great to see reasonable-sized cover thumbnails when browsing the device for what to read next...
terencek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:17 PM   #115
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alissa View Post
Quote:
you're welcome.

now i have no covers at all....so i cleared the thumbnail cache, uninstalled and then reinstalled the latest mobihandler. sigh!! still no covers at all.
well i have two things to tell you, i guess you could call it the good and the bad, you decide which is which.

first, i can not test for you any longer concerning the issue i've been experiencing as the computer that was having trouble with your program has been retired.

second, the reason i can no longer test is the fact that the replacement computer has no such issues. mobihandler works splendidly on it.

maybe no one else will have those difficulties.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:31 PM   #116
AkumaTakeshi
Lounge Lurker

Quote:
well i have two things to tell you, i guess you could call it the good and the bad, you decide which is which.

first, i can not test for you any longer concerning the issue i've been experiencing as the computer that was having trouble with your program has been retired.

second, the reason i can no longer test is the fact that the replacement computer has no such issues. mobihandler works splendidly on it.

maybe no one else will have those difficulties.
Do you have Calibre on that computer? Or at least Calibre eBook viewer as default for opening eBooks?

The reason I'm asking is that that seemed like a similarity between you and me when you were having problems with the program, which it still doesn't do nothing for me.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:15 PM   #117
bert501
Connoisseur
bert501 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bert501 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bert501 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bert501 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bert501 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bert501 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bert501 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bert501 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bert501 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bert501 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bert501 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
FABULOUS! Installed and worked perfectly on first try!!
bert501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:39 PM   #118
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool yes & no

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaTakeshi View Post
Do you have Calibre on that computer? Or at least Calibre eBook viewer as default for opening eBooks?

The reason I'm asking is that that seemed like a similarity between you and me when you were having problems with the program, which it still doesn't do nothing for me.
yes calibre was the first application i installed. concerning the defaults for opening ebooks. i've set it to k4pc (after testing all the problematic ones from before). now i use the 'open with' dialog for others and i've set calibre's 'open with' plug-in to open files with differing programs depending on what i want to do (uses hotkeys that i assign).
Old 08-02-2011, 05:10 AM   #119
Alissa
Connoisseur

Alan and AkumaTakeshi,

Firstly, sorry for not responding on time. I had some trouble in my job... It's good that alan found a workaround (?) while I'm not here.

However, as a developer, I want to find a real cause of a problem.

And, now I believe I pinned the issue that Alan had. It is related to a Windows behaviour (that I didn't know) regarding file association management when a user changed the applications' default manually through GUI.

I also believe AkumaTakeshi is having exactly the same issue (through the report attached to the message #110. I previously didn't understand where to look at.

I'm now writing a workaround code. Please wait for a while.

-- alissa
Old 08-02-2011, 05:38 AM   #120
AkumaTakeshi
Lounge Lurker

Thanks for looking into it

I hope that I can use it afterwards