Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 01-19-2021, 10:17 PM   #1
asenathwaite
...no.
asenathwaite began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue Likebook P6, PocketBook Basic 4
Did I get a bad P6?

I bought a Likebook P6 recently, and I really like the size and the simple interface. But. Text and icons often look splotchy, and text fades after it's been on the screen for a few seconds. The screen also fades a kind of gray marble pattern in and out sometimes. Is this normal or did I get a bad unit?
asenathwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 08:38 PM   #2
Rlfish0630
Rlfish0630 began at the beginning.

Device: Like book P6
I got one recently and haven’t experienced your problems. Otherwise, I can set a bookmark on the reader but can’t figure out how to locate them
Rlfish0630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2021, 10:12 PM   #3
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Quote:
Originally Posted by asenathwaite View Post
I bought a Likebook P6 recently, and I really like the size and the simple interface. But. Text and icons often look splotchy, and text fades after it's been on the screen for a few seconds. The screen also fades a kind of gray marble pattern in and out sometimes. Is this normal or did I get a bad unit?
Do you see this in the settings portion to if it just sits there?
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 09:03 AM   #4
asenathwaite
...no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
Do you see this in the settings portion to if it just sits there?
Yes. I tried contacting Boyue and they basically said, "Well, e-ink does that sometimes."
Old 02-15-2021, 09:06 AM   #5
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Quote:
Yes. I tried contacting Boyue and they basically said, "Well, e-ink does that sometimes."
Where did you buy it and can you record a small video showing what it is doing sitting in the settings menu? Maybe it's refreshing odd. Did you try a factory reset?

Last edited by rvcjew; 02-15-2021 at 09:08 AM.
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2021, 12:03 PM   #6
asenathwaite
...no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
Where did you buy it and can you record a small video showing what it is doing sitting in the settings menu? Maybe it's refreshing odd. Did you try a factory reset?
Factory reset seems to have eliminated the marbling issue, at least for now. I got it from Good e-Reader, which I've since read is kind of sketchy. They passed me on to Boyue customer service when I asked for an RMA, and since Boyue says there's nothing wrong with it, I can't return it. Eh. It's usable, but the text fading (even with contrast set as high as it goes) is annoying, especially in Libby.
Old 02-16-2021, 12:05 PM   #7
asenathwaite
...no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlfish0630 View Post
I got one recently and haven’t experienced your problems. Otherwise, I can set a bookmark on the reader but can’t figure out how to locate them
If you tap the center of the screen and then the hamburger menu in the lower left corner, it brings up the table of contents and your bookmarks.
Old 03-16-2021, 02:31 PM   #8
rlfish
rlfish0630
rlfish doesn't litterrlfish doesn't litterrlfish doesn't litter

Device: inkBook Prime
Quote:
If you tap the center of the screen and then the hamburger menu in the lower left corner, it brings up the table of contents and your bookmarks.
I am aware of that procedure but, when I select the bookmark, it closes down the application. Also, I might add that it worked at first but then later, started kicking me out of the book.
rlfish is offline   Reply With Quote