Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-31-2020, 05:59 AM   #631
baskerville
Addict
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by taem View Post
I'm not sure if I'm the only one encountering this issue, but something seems to be going wrong when I open up PDFs in Plato. The first page renders properly, but all subsequent pages turn up with no text.
Can you send me one of the problematic PDF privately?

You could do that by:
  • Uploading the document using a file sharing service.
  • Sending me the resulting link through a private message.
baskerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 06:48 AM   #632
baskerville
Addict
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
In the latest versions, previews are created (folder .thumbnail-previews). They get indexed and litter the Kobo Nickel library.
That's unfortunate!

Quote:
I understand that it is possible to prohibit indexing of this folder in Kobo eReader.conf or in Settings.toml.
I personally told Nickel not to import hidden files and directories (unconditionally) and haven't had any problems since.

Quote:
But perhaps it was worth mentioning this?
I will mention this in the release notes.

Quote:
Will add the ability to translate the program's system menu into other languages?
This is a duplicate of #23.
Old 12-31-2020, 07:13 AM   #633
Semwize

Semwize can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Semwize can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Semwize can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Semwize can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Semwize can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Semwize can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Semwize can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Semwize can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Semwize can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Semwize can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Semwize can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by baskerville View Post
I personally told Nickel not to import hidden files and directories (unconditionally) and haven't had any problems since.
For now, just banned:
Code:
[[libraries]]
thumbnail-previews = false
Don't really understand the need for a preview.
Quote:
Originally Posted by baskerville View Post
This is a duplicate of #23.
Had seen. But there is no answer as to whether it will be implemented and when.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 09:14 AM   #634
baskerville
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by taem View Post
I'm not sure if I'm the only one encountering this issue, but something seems to be going wrong when I open up PDFs in Plato. The first page renders properly, but all subsequent pages turn up with no text.
Thanks for the document, I was able to reproduce. The problem will be fixed in the next version (it has to do with the fact that I've updated libjbig2dec, but not libmupdf).
Old 01-02-2021, 01:25 PM   #635
baskerville
Addict

Plato 0.9.11

I've released 0.9.11.
Old 01-02-2021, 05:59 PM   #636
Elektron
World's Smartest Idiot
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
So how do I update?
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 07:47 PM   #637
mirage
Zealot
mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: OnePlus 6 phone, Kobo Clara HD, Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektron View Post
So how do I update?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=314220

Download link is in post 1. Instructions for installation in post 2
mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 11:18 PM   #638
Elektron
World's Smartest Idiot
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
Thanks.
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 06:32 PM   #639
jasius
jasius began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I love the font rendering Plato does, but it's crashed on me one or two times when using the dictionary, and other quirks on my Clara HD. I look forward to using it in the future.

I'm also confused what "turn on wifi" does as it doesn't seem to do much with Plato ATM.
jasius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 05:13 AM   #640
baskerville
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasius View Post
I love the font rendering Plato does, but it's crashed on me one or two times when using the dictionary, and other quirks on my Clara HD.
There could be insightful error messages in the log files: could you send me a private message with the contents of info.log (and archive.log if it exists) pasted in code blocks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasius View Post
I'm also confused what "turn on wifi" does as it doesn't seem to do much with Plato ATM.
Enable WiFi should do the same thing as the WiFi toggle in Nickel. After a few seconds, you should see a notification mentioning your IP and ESSID name. The IP will also appear in the System Info page, at the top of the third section.
Old 01-09-2021, 03:39 PM   #641
baskerville
Addict

Plato 0.9.12

I've released 0.9.12.
Old 01-13-2021, 03:53 PM   #642
baskerville
Addict

Plato 0.9.13

I've released 0.9.13.
Old 01-16-2021, 01:53 PM   #643
kerminaawad
kerminaawad began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Hi baskerville,

I was just wondering what dithering is/why one would want it applied to a document.
kerminaawad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 01:00 PM   #644
baskerville
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerminaawad View Post
I was just wondering what dithering is/why one would want it applied to a document.
Dithering is a technique that can increase the number of perceived colors on displays with limited colors.

It should be used when a document contains images with smooth color transitions.
Old 01-18-2021, 04:57 PM   #645
kerminaawad
kerminaawad began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Cool, thanks!
kerminaawad is offline   Reply With Quote