Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-15-2021, 04:09 PM   #481
drdixon3
drdixon3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Hi everyone, just tried installing KOreader + Plato for my new Forma on my Mac using the automated method in post 2, but when I open install.command, the message "No supported packages found in the current directory!" comes up in Terminal because I am a total noob and clicked the wrong button when I tried installing the first time—I think I denied permission for the app to function. Is there any way I can override this? Thanks for your help!
drdixon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 06:09 PM   #482
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@drdixon3: Unlikely to be related, that's an error from the script itself, which implies it ran. You just borked the unpacking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
i.e., it's really as simple as that. (Because, yes, apparently we've reached the lowest depth of content creation on the internet: the video tutorial >_<").
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 06:55 PM   #483
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Thanks very much for the install script! I'm looking forward to getting to grips with KOReader, to see if it enhances my experience at all. Priority one is figuring out how to lock the screen rotation since it defaults to assuming the buttons are being held on the right, not the left, and keeps flipping with the slightest movement of my hand.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 07:48 PM   #484
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Uncle Robin: Top menu > Gear tab > Screen > Rotation
Old 01-15-2021, 08:09 PM   #485
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
@Uncle Robin: Top menu > Gear tab > Screen > Rotation
Thank you! Hopefully the combination of "ignore accelerometer rotation events" and "keep current rotation across views" will allow me to concentrate on exploring KOReader's functionality without needing to stand on my head.
Old 01-15-2021, 09:26 PM   #486
NiLuJe
BLAM!

(Note that that last one [the sticky rota option] had some teething quirks that were fixed after 2020.12 ).
Old 01-15-2021, 11:23 PM   #487
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
(Note that that last one [the sticky rota option] had some teething quirks that were fixed after 2020.12 ).
The combo seems to be working well - prior to setting them, even when the screen was properly oriented while reading, hitting sleep would see the " Sleeping" info box show up upside down. Now,it's not
Old 01-16-2021, 01:50 AM   #488
drdixon3
drdixon3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
@drdixon3: Unlikely to be related, that's an error from the script itself, which implies it ran. You just borked the unpacking.
Many, many thanks for this video—now both KOreader and Plato are up and running!
drdixon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 12:01 PM   #489
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
I open System32 once (don't ask) and now everything is messed up. The install script is only looking in System32 even though the script is located in Downloads. So I had to unzip manually. Help? TIA.
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 12:54 PM   #490
dash.
dash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kobo H2O
Thank you, NiLuJe.
Just manually installed it on my H2O v1 with FW v4.25.15875.
Everything works great.

P.S.
wish the Step #4 in the first post was described a little bit better, since i had no idea what to do with the shell script you linked on github and had to read through the whole thread to figure it out ^.^'
(I also had adblock/umatrix on, so the browser didnt jump to relevant the part of the shell-script on github when i clicked the link, since the "#L114-L130" part only works with javascript on).
dash. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 06:33 PM   #491
kannalo
kannalo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Hiding manga folder from kobo books menu

Hi is it possible to hide other folders from the menu when adding the exclude to the config file? I want to hide my manga folder from being scanned as its got hundreds of files without metadata and make the main book listings super messy. I tried the following but it didn't work

ExcludeSyncFolders=(\\.(?!kobo|adobe|Manga).+|([^.][^/]*/)+\\..+)

I tried this on a factory reset device and it still scanned my Manga folder which was in the usb storage root

Preferably I'd like it to be in /Documents/Manga so is it possible to exclude that path?
kannalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 06:50 PM   #492
gogu1904
Connoisseur
gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One LE
It's a regular expression syntax. Your sequence is correct not to work the way you expect. Try the following:

ExcludeSyncFolders=(\\.(?!kobo|adobe).+|Manga.+|([^.][^/]*/)+\\..+)

This should ignore /Manga .
gogu1904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 07:00 PM   #493
kannalo
kannalo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogu1904 View Post
It's a regular expression syntax. Your sequence is correct not to work the way you expect. Try the following:

ExcludeSyncFolders=(\\.(?!kobo|adobe).+|Manga.+|([^.][^/]*/)+\\..+)

This should ignore /Manga .
Awesome thankyou

Will this work for Documents/Manga?

ExcludeSyncFolders=(\\.(?!kobo|adobe).+| Documents/Manga.+|([^.][^/]*/)+\\..+)

Last edited by kannalo; 01-23-2021 at 07:02 PM.
kannalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 07:50 PM   #494
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Or, just rename it to .Manga, and have it magically work without further faffing about? .
Old 01-23-2021, 08:29 PM   #495
DevonHess
Can't actually read
DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kindle PW2
While we're on the subject of KOReader and manga, I've always wanted to ask.

With Nickel, using Calibre, you can write metadata for files that normally don't support it. (e.g. CBZ)

Is there any way to do something similar for KOReader?
DevonHess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kfmon, kobo, koreader, plato