Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-14-2008, 04:55 PM   #31
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
It strongly depends on the nature of your e-books. My wife is mostly interested in recent best sellers, often while the p-book is in hardcover. The cost savings for the e-versions range from a little to nothing!

If I scour the web for attractively priced SF for me, the cost per book is quite low. But if I restrict myself similarly for p-books (used, bargain bins, library, and a central borrowing system at work) I can easily match or beat e-book costs.

Net result to me is added convenience of e-books but little or no true savings, sad to say. I think there should be more of a reduction in e-book costs but I understand it is what the market will bear.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote