Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-22-2010, 09:12 AM   #1
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Uninstall / Reinstall Problem !

Come on folks HOW do I uninstall Reader Library and all traces of the program from a Vista Laptop ?

I had problem uninstalled several programs 1 by 1 until found problem, reinstalled Reader (which previuosly worked perfectly) Now nothing happens when I try to start the program,

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times to no avail, I know there are Folders i need to get rid of, but which and where ?

I don't yet need reader, but want it there .....

HELP .......

Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:41 AM   #2
AlwaysCastingOn
AlwaysCastingOn began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara 2E
I had this problem last week (I also use a laptop with Vista) and I used the free download of Revo Uninstaller. Worked like a charm.
AlwaysCastingOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2010, 10:56 AM   #3
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysCastingOn View Post
I had this problem last week (I also use a laptop with Vista) and I used the free download of Revo Uninstaller. Worked like a charm.

Thnx Always,

Uninstaller is great, but it didn't help me, when i re-install the program still doesn't start,

ANY other Suggestions ???
Old 03-22-2010, 10:59 AM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2960 View Post
Thnx Always,

Uninstaller is great, but it didn't help me, when i re-install the program still doesn't start,

ANY other Suggestions ???
YEs, there is like a Kinoma and Marlin folders that are left behind when you uninstall.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...97&postcount=2

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:40 AM   #5
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin

STILL No Solution, Come on Folks HELP ....... There must be a way !
Advert
Old 03-23-2010, 10:02 AM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
STILL No Solution, Come on Folks HELP ....... There must be a way !
Did what I put in post 4 not work for you?

BOb
Old 03-23-2010, 01:27 PM   #7
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin

No Bob, sorry meant to reply before, Deleted Kinoma file, but no Marlin file to delte, nothing changed, unfortunately,
Old 03-23-2010, 01:32 PM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
No Bob, sorry meant to reply before, Deleted Kinoma file, but no Marlin file to delte, nothing changed, unfortunately,
So, when you say "nothing happens" can you be more specific?

What OS are you on? I assume you are installing the most recent version?

BOb
Old 03-23-2010, 01:51 PM   #9
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
So, when you say "nothing happens" can you be more specific?

What OS are you on? I assume you are installing the most recent version?

BOb

It's Vista 32 Bit, with Service Pack 2,

Basically the program worked flawlessly until I uninstalled a month of installs to locate a conflict, i found it, re-installed programs including ADE and Reader Library, but when launched nothing happens with Reader Library,

Have since uninstalled and re-installed several times with no change, drat it was working so well too,

Old 03-23-2010, 03:46 PM   #10
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
It's Vista 32 Bit, with Service Pack 2,

Basically the program worked flawlessly until I uninstalled a month of installs to locate a conflict, i found it, re-installed programs including ADE and Reader Library, but when launched nothing happens with Reader Library,
OK... so when you launch it is there any thing that looked like it is/was running. Does a button appear in the task bar? If you look at the task list does it show that it is running... look in both the applications list and the process list.

Did you check to see how your Data Execution Protection was set. If it is set for all apps you should add an exclusion for it there.

Are you running the built in firewall? If so, disable it prior to trying to run the app.

Also, what AntiVirus are you running? I would disable that prior to trying to run the app also.

Can you look in the Event Viewer after you start it and see if any errors are in the application log about the Sony app.

Does ADE run? If so, does it recognize your reader (with the Sony stuff installed since it is needed for ADE to communicate with the reader)

BOb