Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-08-2012, 12:20 PM   #16
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Well everyone has different tastes. To me the PW rendering is better because it has a heavier weight (bolder, darker) and the anti-aliasing is stronger.
To my eyes they have overdone the anti-aliasing on the Paperwhite, whenever I look at it it feels like my eyes are slightly out of focus, while the Touch text 'snaps' better. I don't see the need to anti-alias straight lines.

Of course looking at it on a computer screen doesn't necessarily give a fair impression of what it would look like in real life.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:25 PM   #17
s4nder
Connoisseur
s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Text on the PW looks too thick to me. In their everlasting quest for a better illusion of contrast with no real improvements since 2010, Amazon have been making text thicker with each new Kindle version and firmware update to the point where it looks bold. I hoped the higher resolution would make for more precise and delicate fonts but no, still more boldness.

Last edited by s4nder; 10-09-2012 at 12:00 PM.
s4nder is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2012, 02:07 PM   #18
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Here's the K4B screenshot. I think the Condensed font is bleh but seeing it's what's being compared to. I find the contrast on my K4B to the best I've seen on eReader. I haven't see anything but pics of a PW but I have seen K3, K4S, T1 and KT. I own the first two. I am shock a eReader so cheap can look so good.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-47857.gif
Views:	412
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	93674  
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #19
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Best I've seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Here's the K4B screenshot. I think the Condensed font is bleh but seeing it's what's being compared to. I find the contrast on my K4B to the best I've seen on eReader. I haven't see anything but pics of a PW but I have seen K3, K4S, T1 and KT. I own the first two. I am shock a eReader so cheap can look so good.
Blossom,

That's the best eReader page i've ever seen. Why do you want to DOWNgrade?
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:32 PM   #20
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Blossom,

That's the best eReader page i've ever seen. Why do you want to DOWNgrade?
I don't. The PW was to be used for night time reading. I can't use a book light or lighted cover due to a husband who is grumpy if I do.

Right now I use my KFv1 for that so I'll just get KFHD and call it good. I hear they are nicer to hold now too.
Advert
Old 06-16-2014, 08:00 AM   #21
mirbg
Enthusiast
mirbg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Font comparison on Paperwhite and Touch

Can someone tell me how to match the font caecilia (size 5) on my PW2 to be exactly the same size as regular font (size 4) on K4B?
I would very appreciate every suggestion you give me.
mirbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:47 AM   #22
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
When I asked my wife -- who doesn't use an e-Ink eReader -- which eReader she thought had the best fonts between a Touch, K4S, K4B, T2, K3, NST and NST w/ Glowlight -- she consistently chose the K4B. Amazon got it right with the K4B. I hope they keep selling these for years.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 01:04 PM   #23
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
When I asked my wife -- who doesn't use an e-Ink eReader -- which eReader she thought had the best fonts between a Touch, K4S, K4B, T2, K3, NST and NST w/ Glowlight -- she consistently chose the K4B. Amazon got it right with the K4B. I hope they keep selling these for years.
It's a nice little eReader I don't use mine anymore though but out of all my eInk eReaders it would be the one I would keep if I had to pick one. I prefer my Nexus 7 tablet to read on. It has everything I've ever wanted in eReader. I can no longer stand reading on eInk.