Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 10-17-2011, 03:39 PM   #16
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Ha ha ha! Amazing how you have been your own worst victim.... Yet you've shown resolve as you have aspired, perspired and achieved.

The problem you are having however is not your own doing. It's a Google Market thing. That has a very easy work around.

Download an app called "LCD Resolution".

1) Clear your market catch.
Go to Setting|Applications|Market
Then clear the market data.

2) Open up LCD Resolution.
Change your DPI from '161' to '160' and reboot.

Install whatever apps you want.

You can revert back to 161 or stay with 160.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:35 PM   #17
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
You're right! I'm my own worst enemy.

Do you mean "LCD Resolution (Root)

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2011, 06:52 PM   #18
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
You're right! I'm my own worst enemy.

Do you mean "LCD Resolution (Root)

Don
Yes that's the one.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:15 PM   #19
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'll give it a try and report back!

Don
Old 10-17-2011, 07:57 PM   #20
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

That got it!

So, again, my thanks to the wonderful "Nook Crew" who helped me root my nook on an SD card without compromising the integrity of the nook itself.

Now that I reflect back on all that happened, I would have to say that much of this is not intuitive. I would have never figured much of this out.

As an intellectual exercise, it was quite challenging (for me, anyway), as well as interesting. But I also cannot dismiss the frustration factor involved.

However, I like the idea of just being able to take out the card and begin reading on my nook as a nook, or to insert the card and take it from there.

Much thanks!!!

Don
Advert