Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 04-28-2011, 02:53 PM   #31
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrypin View Post
Hi,

First post here. I have a Kindle 3G on order and so I went to the Newsgroup directory of my news reader (Agent) to see what groups existed for Kindle discussions. To my surprise I got zero hits for 'Kindle'.

Are there any dedicated Kindle newsgroups? Failing that, what web-based online forums can others recommend please?

Edit: Maybe I should have started a new thread, sorry!

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
You can't have looked very hard. We have one here at MobileRead. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=140

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:23 PM   #32
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrypin View Post
Hi,

First post here. I have a Kindle 3G on order and so I went to the Newsgroup directory of my news reader (Agent) to see what groups existed for Kindle discussions. To my surprise I got zero hits for 'Kindle'.

Are there any dedicated Kindle newsgroups? Failing that, what web-based online forums can others recommend please?

Edit: Maybe I should have started a new thread, sorry!

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
USENET is dying , so I am not surprised .
But I did find alt.binaries.kindle (search Agent's newsgroup directory).

There were a whole 5 threads since the beginning of the year, of which 2 seemed to be OT
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2011, 10:35 PM   #33
rling
Connoisseur
rling began at the beginning.

Device: Mentor Lite, Nook Color, Pocket Pro
I use my Mentor all the time. A bit bigger screen and a lot more user friendly interface, not to mention more stable.

That said, I also bought a Nook Color for daughter, and with a quick flash, it was a full Android tablet as well. Now she is using it for both reading, and playing games...
rling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:35 AM   #34
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
I have the PP but also bought a cheap cruz reader (for about $85 shipped at woot, uses android). I mainly want that one to read at night and the PP to read during the day, though I've recently bouch some books using the kindle and nook apps from android, so I actually haven't used it much since I finished the book that I was reading with it.
I really don't like much using the PP with a reading light, so I'm using the LCD screen reader with black background and white letter, with the dimmest brightness I was able to configure
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:22 AM   #35
rikij
rikij began at the beginning.

Device: E Z Reader T778
Hi folks and apologies for gate crashing your thread but I am very keen to get help with my wives EZReader. I added a post approx 3 days ago requesting help. I live in New Zealand and as yet we are still trying to upload a e book. Have a look at mt thread please if any of you can help. Thanks John
rikij is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2011, 01:29 AM   #36
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikij View Post
Hi folks and apologies for gate crashing your thread but I am very keen to get help with my wives EZReader. I added a post approx 3 days ago requesting help. I live in New Zealand and as yet we are still trying to upload a e book. Have a look at mt thread please if any of you can help. Thanks John
The EZ Reader in New Zealand is nothing like the EZ Reader in this particular forum. It is a different machine. How many wives do you have? Or do you mean wife's reader .

Dale
Old 06-24-2011, 03:58 PM   #37
rikij
rikij began at the beginning.

Device: E Z Reader T778
Hi Dale just 1 wife and thats enough LOL The E Z Reader we have is a T778 model. I have replied to your other post thanks
rikij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:00 AM   #38
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
The EZ Reader in New Zealand is nothing like the EZ Reader in this particular forum. It is a different machine. How many wives do you have? Or do you mean wife's reader .

Dale
Maybe marriages in New Zealand are nothing like marriages for other people in this forum, let him have several wives as long as he can provide for them
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:58 AM   #39
jemyers77
jemyers77 began at the beginning.

Device: Aztak 6" EZ-Reader; Kobo wireless; PB 360; Kindle4; Pocketbook Pro
FYI, the eReaders formerly marketed by Astak, i.e., the 5" PocketPro and the 6" EzReader Plus models are now available in the US at http://shop.pocketbookreader.com/L-B...Readers_c9.htm. (for $140 and $160, respectively). The devices now carry the L-Book label.
jemyers77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:28 PM   #40
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemyers77 View Post
FYI, the eReaders formerly marketed by Astak, i.e., the 5" PocketPro and the 6" EzReader Plus models are now available in the US at http://shop.pocketbookreader.com/L-B...Readers_c9.htm. (for $140 and $160, respectively). The devices now carry the L-Book label.
Which means they also carry the L-Book firmware. That would be a plus.

Dale