Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-26-2014, 01:37 AM   #1
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Kobo Store Credit

I have a long running complaint with Kobo over 3 PDFs I purchased without knowing that's what I'd get. Silly me I expected an epub!

Anyway they finally offered me a store credit, well the time frame they said it would be credited in has been and gone, and surprise surprise, no store credit.

Am I holding my breath actually thinking I might get my money?

They are quite simply the most abysmal company I've ever dealt with, totally appalling.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:23 AM   #2
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Josie I'd use the Live Chat facility and tell them that you were too busy (or whatever) to use the credit within the allocated time .... and that it takes you time to consider the books that you want to buy .... and you want a period of x months to use it.

Well, one can only try

I had a store credit that lasted for ages - I can't remember if they put a time limit or not, but there certainly wasn't one in place.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:30 AM   #3
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi Lynx-Lynx, it's not that the store credit expired. I haven't received it from Kobo yet. They said they'd credit it within 48 hours but I'm still waiting.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:37 AM   #4
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Oh well there you go, I misread that, lol

Definitely Live Chat 'em I reckon
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:37 PM   #5
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
same happend to me, but thinking about having to go trough another round off kobo support makes me postpone it, I think in the end I will let it go, it was under 1$ since I used the magic code
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:36 PM   #6
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Of course if you don't contact them you will never get the credit. Pursue it to the fullest intent on your part and don't quit until you get the credit issued. Should take like no time for them to issue it really

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:02 AM   #7
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
Of course if you don't contact them you will never get the credit. Pursue it to the fullest intent on your part and don't quit until you get the credit issued. Should take like no time for them to issue it really

regards

Jack
I've contacted them by chat now, and I've been told another 48 hours so who knows. I just find the appalling customer service hard to understand. As much as I love my kobo ereader it's so let down by the rest of kobo.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:13 PM   #8
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Well I finally got my store credit!

And as I complained so much they gave me a 100% promo code for one book that hubby used to buy a book worth 10 times the store credit!

So all is good.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:29 PM   #9
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
Well I finally got my store credit!

And as I complained so much they gave me a 100% promo code for one book that hubby used to buy a book worth 10 times the store credit!

So all is good.
Well that's something eh? on that note make sure you still get your credit.

Its very important that you fight for the right and not allow them to stall on it, in the end I think you won no matter what.

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:38 AM   #10
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

I definitely won, the store credit was supposed to be £10.78, but I only got £1.29 in the end, and the book we bought cost over £12.

At the end of the day though none of this would have happened if Kobo didn't sell PDFs, it's actually ridiculous.