Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-21-2012, 10:13 AM   #46
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Hi,

after a deep immersion into "Porting Python 2.x code into Python 3.x" :P and some testing --- I created a version of Penelope which runs under Python 3.2.3 (on my linux box):

http://code.google.com/p/penelope-di...e/penelope3.py

(you also need in your working directory the empty.idx file: http://code.google.com/p/penelope-di...lope/empty.idx)
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:43 AM   #47
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I pushed an update of the code, solving a potential issue due to files with non-ASCII characters in their path.

The code is confirmed to run under Python 3.x and under Windows (XP).
Old 12-27-2012, 12:04 PM   #48
fralep
fralep began at the beginning.

Device: cybook odyssey
does the program run with a Mac?
fralep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:24 PM   #49
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

It should, but I cannot confirm. Try running it from a terminal.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:31 AM   #50
oldnat
oldnat began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Odyssey HD Frontlight
I confirm last version running OK on Win7 SP1 w/ Python 3.3 (also with 1252 input).

BR Nat
oldnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:38 AM   #51
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

I have just pushed the new version, which fixes a bug in penelope3.py (Python3 version) under Windows.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:23 AM   #52
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

Hi all,

I am implementing into Penelope a function to output an EPUB file which contains the index of a given input dictionary, to "emulate" a search function.

The output is as in the attached EPUB files, which list the index for an English and an Italian dictionary.

The navigation is simple, as shown by the four attached images: to search for "abased", just click on "Letter A", then "A-ABD", then "abased". The pages contain links to navigate between levels (starting letter/letter groups) and to the previous or next group.

I would like to get some comments before pushing this new function.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	705
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	98484   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	656
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	98485   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	638
Size:	164.3 KB
ID:	98486   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	694
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	98487  
Attached Files
File Type: epub dict.en.epub (836.8 KB, 771 views)
File Type: epub dict.it.epub (776.2 KB, 509 views)

Last edited by AlPe; 12-30-2012 at 11:37 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:27 AM   #53
oldnat
oldnat began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Odyssey HD Frontlight
I tried both the english and the italian ones, and shall keep them on my Cybook - they are easy to handle and useful. As for I have also an IT-DE dictionary on the Cybook (I use the german interface, living in Austria), now I have the possibility not only to have help if reading in Italian, but also to quickly look up a word I hear/read in Italian which I do not know. Pocket Dict Function - great help for me with my learning IT. Thanks a lot!

Later I shall try to reconvert some other dicts again to have this output too, to see how this new feature works if you shall post the new feature. A question: Is it possible, to get just the index epub output from an already converted/ready dict? For I do not have the old Stardict inputs (I must search and download them again) and it would be a great feature to "index" also the other, later coming "factory bookeen" dictionaries as well..

I know I always want too much!

Grazie and BR Nathalie :-)
oldnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:30 AM   #54
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
oldnat, try the dict.cc ones I posted earlier in this thread. No need for any other dictionary, they are fantastic. (Just can talk for English german/German english, no idea about the Italian ones.)
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:03 AM   #55
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnat View Post
A question: Is it possible, to get just the index epub output from an already converted/ready dict?
Hi, thanks for your comments. Yes it will be possible.

Right now dictEPUB.py is a separate class, reading a list of words from stdin. I will keep this interface, but I will also use the I/O functions already coded in Penelope to get the list of words from XML, StarDict, Bookeen and Kobo dictionaries.

I plan to release this piece of code (plus updating Penelope) within 10-14 days.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:07 AM   #56
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

I forgot to mention that the two "EPUB dictionaries" above are based on the dictionary index of the EN-EN and IT-IT dictionaries of my Kobo Glo --- which are both "good" commercial ones.

(The "words" file inside them is not encrypted, and it is not difficult to get such a list of words by other means, hence I believe mine can be considered a fair use.)
Old 01-02-2013, 10:07 AM   #57
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

I have just pushed a new version of Penelope (1.14), which allows you to create the EPUB dictionary index of your own dictionary, and with complete read from/write to StarDict, XML, Bookeen Cybook Odyssey and Kobo formats.

Moreover, I uploaded some pre-compiled EPUBs here: http://code.google.com/p/penelope-di...ary_index_epub

Docs and files:
http://www.albertopettarin.it/penelope.html
http://code.google.com/p/penelope-dictionary-converter/
Old 01-10-2013, 04:37 PM   #58
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

I have just pushed a new version of Penelope (1.15), which allows you read/write a dictionary in CSV format. I have done some code clean-up as well.

Docs and files:
Old 01-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #59
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

I have just pushed a new version of Penelope (1.16), which allows you to specify from command line the field/line separator when working with CSV dictionaries.

Docs and files:
Old 02-03-2013, 01:56 PM   #60
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

A couple of days ago I pushed a new version of Penelope (1.17), which now allows the user to specify a custom collation function. Thanks to branok, there is a special collation function for German dictionaries.

Docs and files: