Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-15-2012, 10:37 AM   #1
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
KFHD - Sound/Music - You Got To Be Kidding

Well - Dolby Digital Surround Sound? ..... no - at least not to my ears. Better sound than in the KF .... but good enough not to use earbuds? No.

And ... they removed the Equalizer mode for Music!

Or I can't find it!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:33 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Yes, this was one of the details that didn't really make sense in retrospect. I don't see how such small speakers on the back of a small tablet could have great audio.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:17 PM   #3
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I cannot say without any experience with it BUT reviews I've read (while I would not expect audiophile nirvana) seem pretty positive about the audio. I'm sure we will read more here about it in the near future.

I assume by default the Dolby Sound would be enabled so that is something to check for I suppose. If I buy one, maybe I'll load part of Beethoven's 5th. The opening should be enough for a test.

One I've read stated it through off a pretty decent soundstage for such a small device.

Last edited by robertc88; 09-16-2012 at 08:20 PM.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:53 PM   #4
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
The audio on the KFHD is far and above the best sounding audio of any tablet I've owned.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:03 PM   #5
covfam
Addict
covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod Touch,Ipad3,Kindle fire, Samsung Galaxy tab, Samsung Galaxy S3
from what i understand the kindle fire hd had the best sound of any tablet. and from my experience at best buy the kindle fire hd has WAY better sound than my kindle fire 1st gen, my 1st gen samsung galaxy tab, my ipad 2 and my wifes asus transformer prime tf300. is it better than my 18 inch $3000 desktop replacement gaming laptop? no but amazon never said they were.
covfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:21 AM   #6
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
While "loud" does not mean good audio quality, heads turned when I played a video at BB on their demo on display. Someone else must have turned it all the way up. Regardless, we all have read how other tablets do not have enough volume even when cranked!
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:39 AM   #7
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
My two Acer Iconia tablets have Dolby Digital sound. I'm happy with this iHome iHM60GT 3.5mm Aux Portable Speaker. It produces big sound for its small size, and the price is reasonable ($20). You can daisy-chain speakers together if you want stereo, but I find the one speaker more than adequate.

And...if you eat Pringles, you can send for their free "speaker can" (offer ends October 31, 2012).
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:56 PM   #8
grvthang
Connoisseur
grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kindle Fire, Droid Incredible2, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
My two Acer Iconia tablets have Dolby Digital sound. I'm happy with this iHome iHM60GT 3.5mm Aux Portable Speaker. It produces big sound for its small size, and the price is reasonable ($20). You can daisy-chain speakers together if you want stereo, but I find the one speaker more than adequate.

And...if you eat Pringles, you can send for their free "speaker can" (offer ends October 31, 2012).
I can vouch for this speaker as well. It's the best small speaker I've come across, and the price is certainly right.
grvthang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:32 PM   #9
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by grvthang View Post
I can vouch for this speaker as well. It's the best small speaker I've come across, and the price is certainly right.
Just thought I'd add that the iHome iHM60 speaker also comes in a twin pack. I bought my speaker at Amazon, but I've also seen them at local stores.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote