Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-31-2006, 10:11 AM   #16
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
TND you'll need 4 USB ports and a boost regulator to have a true shot of it working.

And if you smoke it, I can personally testify that iRex customer service is slow even when its their fault its broken.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:01 AM   #17
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
TND you can order an assembled boost mode switching regulator from here: http://www.maxim-ic.com/quick_view2.cfm?qv_pk=1761

As delivered it will produce 5V but you solder a resistor onto the back of the board and you can set the voltage to 12V (or whatever). It can provide up to 1A of current. Efficiency is 80% or a bit better. Input voltage range is 2.7V to 5.5V. If you get tired of using it for USB, you can slap a couple D cells on the input and run it that way.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 07:50 AM   #18
Mike Kostousov
Connoisseur
Mike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-books

Device: Zaurus C1000/iLiad/SE K750i
Hello!
Can anybody try Casio E125 connector for iLiad?
http://forum.irexnet.com/viewtopic.php?p=2501#2501
Mike Kostousov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:05 AM   #19
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
I have seen an "iLiad Travel Hub 2007" (32.95 €) in the iRex shop.
I don't know, when this was added to the shop
https://www.irexshop.com/product_inf...4c6bfca4b415cc
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 02:13 PM   #20
Bert
Enthusiast
Bert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with others

Device: iRex iLiad, PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokos
I have seen an "iLiad Travel Hub 2007" (32.95 €) in the iRex shop.
I don't know, when this was added to the shop
https://www.irexshop.com/product_inf...4c6bfca4b415cc
That's already available quite some time, I ordered (and received) one somewhere at the end of March.
I have to say it's a LOT better than the old one, I've never used it anymore.
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 12:11 PM   #21
M@rcel
Connoisseur
M@rcel began at the beginning.

Device: Irex iLiad
Because I ran out of money after buying my iLiad I was wondering if it is safe to just use a plain cable to connect the travel hub to the car cigarette lighter? I noticed iRex sells a car adapter in their shop, but the car's 12V (13.8V) DC is within the 9-15V DC range mentioned on the hub and within the 10-18V DC mentioned in the manual.

Something like this??

Maybe the car's power isn't clean enough...??
M@rcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 02:26 PM   #22
M@rcel
Connoisseur
M@rcel began at the beginning.

Device: Irex iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by M@rcel View Post
Because I ran out of money after buying my iLiad I was wondering if it is safe to just use a plain cable to connect the travel hub to the car cigarette lighter? I noticed iRex sells a car adapter in their shop, but the car's 12V (13.8V) DC is within the 9-15V DC range mentioned on the hub and within the 10-18V DC mentioned in the manual.

Something like this??

Maybe the car's power isn't clean enough...??
Anyone?
M@rcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:26 AM   #23
digsig
digsig began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
Yes, you can plug the lLiad (via the travel adapter) direct to a car's 12 volt battery via the cigarette lighter socket. I do it all the time and it has not hurt my iLiad and it charges the iLiad's battery just fine.

Just one word of warning though. I do it when the engine is NOT running. When you start a car or run the engine there can be quite a few voltage spikes across the battery (up to 50 volts) and these could easily hurt your iLiad. Probably the official iLiad accessory has protective circuitry to cater for this.
digsig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:21 AM   #24
janzen
janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

I can confirm that the Casio E125 connector is fit for the iLiad.

I bought 2 of these, both for power and for USB PC connection.
janzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:05 AM   #25
Skinny
Skinny began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by janzen View Post
I can confirm that the Casio E125 connector is fit for the iLiad.

I bought 2 of these, both for power and for USB PC connection.

How did you make the cable connections for Power ? Did you remove the usb end ? which wires did you solder ?
Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:12 PM   #26
janzen
janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

My iLiad came complete with all its cables so I was able the measure with an Ohmmeter the pins of the original connecter that were used for power and data respectively. Then I soldered one new connector to one end of a short piece ( abt 3”) of cable at the other end of which I soldered a female low voltage socket that fits to the male plug of the power adapter. I did the same with a piece of an ordinary USB cable to which I soldered the 2nd connector. Unfortunately I lost my notes of the 20 pin layout of the connectors. Needless to say that you can blow the reader if you make a mistake. I remember I found in my situation some discrepancies with Snoopy ’s layout in post 1 of this thread.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:22 PM   #27
Skinny
Skinny began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by janzen View Post
My iLiad came complete with all its cables so I was able the measure with an Ohmmeter the pins of the original connecter that were used for power and data respectively. Then I soldered one new connector to one end of a short piece ( abt 3”) of cable at the other end of which I soldered a female low voltage socket that fits to the male plug of the power adapter. I did the same with a piece of an ordinary USB cable to which I soldered the 2nd connector. Unfortunately I lost my notes of the 20 pin layout of the connectors. Needless to say that you can blow the reader if you make a mistake. I remember I found in my situation some discrepancies with Snoopy ’s layout in post 1 of this thread.
So it is different than the diagram posted here? Any chance you could have a llook / taking readings to let me know correct postion. Also Did you solder to the USB connector or wires after you cut?
Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:24 PM   #28
janzen

Take a look at this picture
[IMG=http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/7579/1000791y.th.jpg][/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I number the pins from left to right 1,2,....19,20.
Now pin1 and 2 are negative
Pins 19 and 20 are positive