Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-25-2010, 10:07 AM   #1
pes82
pes82 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
library move error after first install of Calibre

I downloaded and installed Calbre for the first time. When I launched Calibre I received a error message indicating the DB was corrupted. I tried to repair with no luck. Details provided are:

ERROR: Could not move library: table authors already exists
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 175, in run
OperationalError: table authors already exists

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\wizard\__init__.py", line 535, in move_library
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 129, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 102, in connect
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 341, in initialize_database
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 211, in run
DatabaseException: table authors already exists
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 175, in run
OperationalError: table authors already exists

Not sure why authors table would already exist as this is first install.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
pes82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:23 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
When exactly did you receive the error? Did you already finish the welcome wizard? Did the directory you selected contain a previous calibre library? Oh, and what OS and what version of calibre are you running?
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:17 AM   #3
pes82

Thanks for the reply.

I have never used Calibre before so I would not expect a previous library. OS is XP. The version is whatever is the the most current as of Nov 25, 2010.

I did have some ebooks in a folder labeled My ebooks. They are in pdf format. Not sure if that matters. Also when I first launched Calibre it seemed to be going through a process of building a library b y examining every folder. Since I did not have any books, I canceled the process.

I did uninstall and then reinstall but received the same error message.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:41 AM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pes82 View Post
I did have some ebooks in a folder labeled My ebooks. They are in pdf format. Not sure if that matters. Also when I first launched Calibre it seemed to be going through a process of building a library b y examining every folder. Since I did not have any books, I canceled the process.
I'm not quite sure I know what you mean by that. Did you, when Calibre asked for the folder to create the library in, designate an entirely empty folder, or did you select one that had stuff in it?
Old 12-01-2010, 03:53 PM   #5
pes82

Yes, when Calibre ask for the folder to create the library, I created a new folder which contained nothing.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:34 PM   #6
pes82

Thanks for the help. I clearly did an incomplete search of the forums. Found the same problem and followed the suggestions. Installed correctly.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:12 AM   #7
Manichean
Wizard

Glad you got it working.